PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Moomba Mobius

CWS_Kahuna
08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Need a little help here.

My 2001 Mobius had a new carb put on it last year. The new carb does not have any of the adjustments that the old one had. Basically from the little I know about this stuff there is no air/fuel mixture adjustments that can be made. Island Marine in California helped me get the new carb and install it. Everything ran great the first few times out, just like a perfectly new boat again. They mentioned the new carbs did not have these adjustments, I think it was a California emissions thing but I could be wrong. Anyway now my Boat smokes as if it is running very rich. Not to mention it's topping out at about 30MPH instead of the ~45 it normally does. I have no idea what to do about trying to un-rich the fuel mixture or if that's even my real problem. Any ideas or input would be VERY VERY appreciated.

If this carb is already crapping out I will be extremly pissed off as I have had nothing but carb problems since about 2003. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rebuild the old carb. Finally the new carb was awesome, but I'm getting worried now.

Thanks
Richard