PDA

View Full Version : Email Notification Quit Working

MrsZ
08-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Is anyone else having problems with email notification? Mine quit working and zegms has been not working for quite a while. I checked the settings in User Control Panel but they look OK. Who can I contact about it?

Mrs. Kane
08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Mrs. Z,
I had an issue and I went to "About Moomba" at the top of the page then a pop up menu will come up. One of the options is "contact us".
Sorry, I don't kow if I am having the problem you're talking about or not.

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I think Mrs Z is talking about the email message you would get to notify you that you have a PM. Come to think of it I haven't seen one in weeks. I wonder if there is a setting for that?

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 11:54 AM
This is the user setting. I didn't have mine checked.

"The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages "

Check that the e-mail address is entered correctly. Then check to see if your e-mail is filtering the automated message.

Mrs. Kane
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Kaneboats. That feature has never worked for me. Maybe that's why I didn't know about it.

MrsZ
08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Right after I posted this my email started working. But Zegms still does not. I did know about the user settings and have checked his but they look OK. I will try to find the contact us. I could not find it before. Thanks!

ian ashton
08-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I noticed the same thing, then I found them in my 'Spam' box. You might want to check that your email server isn't flagging it for spam like mine was.

kaneboats
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm still not getting any e-mails either.

I dont' know if I noticed this option before, but it has to be activated:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
[choices are]
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

I think mine was set to "no email notification".

zegm
08-31-2008, 09:18 AM
kaneboats,

Yeah we have been there and this week I tried to change it from instant to daily and still no luck. Going to try something different today.

zegm
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok I actually completely changed my email address to another server. No difference, no email notifications.
I have something else I will try!