PDA

View Full Version : 09 Moomba Outback V Has Style And Performance Of A Thoroughbred Sports Car

ncarrera
08-14-2008, 12:36 PM
NEW MOOMBA OUTBACK V HAS ALL THE
STYLE AND PERFORMANCE OF A THOROUGHBRED SPORTS CAR

The all-new Outback V has made the heart of boating enthusiasts literally skip a beat. It takes only one glimpse to wet your appetite to go out there on the water. Moomba is not only continuing the heritage of the legendary original in the Outback Series; it is launching the modern expression of this icon, while paying respect to the brands long tradition of more boat for less money.

The all-new Outback V is extremely driver oriented in every respect and designed without the slightest compromise for reliability and performance. The styling of the Outback V is bold, purposeful, dynamic and elegant all at once. Its unique design features sleek and flowing lines, all supplemented by the harmony of elegant flares, giving the new Outback V its unique character.

The Outback V excels in its proportions – while the length measures just less than 20’, meeting small lake boat length restrictions, it has gained in width and depth featuring higher gunnels and a wider beam than its predecessor. To many admirers surprise, the deck layout has ample seating despite the length. The hull design features a drop V keel that more than satisfies watersports performance allowing slalom and wakeboarding all in one boat and the new stringer design improves the structural rigidity. Overall, the all-new design projects an aura of strength and self-confidence.

The long list of features includes an Indmar 325 HP V-8 engine, new driver seat with riser seat that rises and lowers easily and a cockpit area that features all gauges and switches within the drivers reach for convenience and safety. In addition, there is now a new battery saver ignition switch that acts as a kill switch for all non-essential powered elements when the boat is turned off, double tracking fins, four blade CNC prop, a new one piece nonskid swim platform with improved platform mounting, nine stainless steel cup holders, new vinyl wrapped bow speaker panels, new soft touch vinyl cockpit speaker boxes, improved cooler, improved stereo wiring and one of the most sought after standard features; the tower folds to standard garage height.

Additional options available include two new gel coat colors, new ballast pumps that fill and empty three times faster than previous pump, new electric wake plate, tower speaker package with additional 2 channel amp or you can upgrade your tower speakers with a Sub that includes 5 and 2 channel Amps.

This striking all-new Outback V will retail for $33,995 and that includes the L4 warranty. So why pay more? Get more boat for less with Moomba. Don’t miss your opportunity to see this remarkable new design for yourself, locate the nearest Moomba dealer at www.moomba.com. Get out and test-drive one!

jester
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Natalie,

Thanks for the sales pitch. Very nice looking boat. I like that the carpet goes all the way to the bow and that the center bow filler does not block the cup holders. Did they change the dash layout from the 08's?

ncarrera
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes driver’s seat has been centered with the dash. 100% more comfortable to drive.
So when are you going to try it out?

The flares on the bow and back of the boat are my favorite, as well as the ballast system that fills and empties within in four minutes . . . oh and the vinyl wrapped soft touch speakers. This really makes a difference in the appearance and I must saw the bow of the boat is pretty snazzy. Love the two cup holders. Can you tell I really like this boat? It's definitely the next generation of design for Moomba.

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Ed, im suprised you dont have deposit down on one yet.

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
somebody, call Bob real quick. he at least needs to know what is coming in his front door:D

SanMarzano
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
What do we think the avrage loaded price will be. I think it will have to be close to 40K---Damn I like it I just bought my 07 though

Razzman
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Are the new pumps retro-able to older systems like the one in my '07 LSV? It kills me filling and draining the bags! :(

ncarrera
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
The pumps are by Jabsco. They are not retro able since the neatest feature about the pumps is that they don't drain out the sides of the boat like we are use to the are reversable and each bag has its own pump . The pumps fills and drains from the bottom of the boat. . . does this make sense? And yes within 4 minutes

Front bags 400lb
Back two bags 400 each
Total weight 1200 lbs

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Maybe if a couple more holes are drilled in the bottom it could possible be retro'd????

gcombe74
08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I am dying to see the bottom of the boat and how its been redesigned along with the placement of the ballast holes for filling \ draining... got any pics...

Razzman
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Guess i'll just continue to eat lunch while i'm waiting for the ballast to fill. :rolleyes:

Sled491
08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
So I wonder how it will ride? I mean with the shorter hull do you think it will get rough or will the depth help it out? I would love to consider one, I'm just worried about the slalom wake. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative, it is after all a very attractive boat with great features, I'm just wondering Mobius LS or New and Improved Outback V. Z don't get all over me about this, I'm just curious:)

gcombe74
08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Sled... I have to say you pose a great question... I mean I have an 07 LSV that has the same ballast setup? as far a 3 x 400? now with all the other improvements... uh why buy a mobius? Unless there are some significant changes that justify the price ext.... I dont know yet.. but I am really curious to what now seperates them?

zabooda
08-15-2008, 01:03 AM
It's hard to put "V drive" and slalom skiing in the same sentence for any brand of boat. Making the boat shorter will make a bigger wake unless the hull is wider which I couldn't tell.

Sled491
08-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Zabooda, they are claiming a wider hull as well. But don't get me wrong I still believe my Outback is unbeatable for skiing, I'm just thinking out loud. Eventually I will either need 2 boats or I will have to live with and like, without complaint, the larger wakes of the larger boats.

moombadaze
08-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Sled--2 boats-only way to roll-best of all words not just 2 worlds

Sled491
08-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Yep, just not sure how feasable

zegm
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Man I could have spent another 2 or 3k and got the LSV instead of the LS, not sold the Old MC for 4k and could have put in another boat lift for 6k so for 12/13k I could have 2 boats. One great for skiing and one with a great wake for boarding and surfing. I am soooo depressed now!!!!

NOT!!!!! I just bend me knees a little more when I cross the wake!
We love our LS!!!!

wolfeman131
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
If I got 2 boats, I'd have 1 less wife and only 1/2 my cash which would then lead to me not being able to afford either boat . . .

jmvotto
08-15-2008, 10:20 AM
my second boat would be a pontoon boat with a kickin system and a tiki bar on board, maybe even a parrot:D

jester
08-15-2008, 12:33 PM
wolfeman,
See your problem is not that you have a wife now it is you got a wife in the first place. You can have alot more toys without a wife telling you no and well if you lose the wife now she might just take half of the boat just because.

wolfeman131
08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
wolfeman,
See your problem is not that you have a wife now it is you got a wife in the first place. You can have alot more toys without a wife telling you no and well if you lose the wife now she might just take half of the boat just because.

Should have had these words of wisdom 13 yrs ago. Although, without her, I wouldn't have my kids who I bought the boat for anyway. :wink:

JesseC
08-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Are the new pumps retro-able to older systems like the one in my '07 LSV? It kills me filling and draining the bags! :(

If I had to bet money, they have installed three Jabsco "Water Puppies" coming off of the single through hull scoop on the bottom of the boat. Each of these pumps are capable of pumping 11 GPM. With 1200 lbs of balast that makes right at 144 Gallons of water. With all three pumps running it would take about 4 minutes 15 seconds to fill all three bags. This is a rating of 1,980 GPH. If I am not mistaken, at least in my 02, we have a single 2000 GPH fill pump. Not sure if you would really WANT to refit your boat with these pumps. If you are running the 2000 GPH rule pump, it would not buy you anything.

Now for the people that do NOT have the thru hull fittings already drilled (Gravity I), this would be an absolutely WONDERFUL option for upgrading from a Gravity I to a home made Gravity III. No holes to drill through the hull, water comes in and leaves out of the same port on the bottom of the boat....now that idea I really like and also the fact that the puppies are rebuildable.

I am curious to see if this pump would work. This may be my winter project!!! It would fill those 1200 lbs bags in 2 min 15 sec!!!!
http://www.nulime.com/RULE-3700-G-P-H-General-Purpose-Centrifugal-Pump/p243919

jester
08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
The only problem i see with having one hole is will the pumps fight over water. a hole is only so big and can only provide so much water. you might have fast pumps but if the hole is not big enought to handle all that water the pumps will fight over the water.

04OUTBACK
08-15-2008, 09:42 PM
The other downside of this type of pump is the fact that the Jabsco is reversable.. it pumps water back out same way it came in.. under the boat..
SO, you don't have the water flowing out the side thru hull to know when empty..
I have a friend with MC X30 and it is set up that way.. thru hulls on the side are for overflow only.. but, it has hard tanks and a gauge so it shows when empty..

I like the speed of this pump set up.. but still like to know mine is pumping by looking at the side thru hulls..

we'll see what the future holds..

jmvotto
08-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Jessie,
great idea. I would love to see the schematic on this as i have the gravity I and this winter thought about the upgrade. My gravity I blow out the drivers side for emptying and overflow, not thru the hull.:confused:

JesseC
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
The only problem i see with having one hole is will the pumps fight over water. a hole is only so big and can only provide so much water. you might have fast pumps but if the hole is not big enought to handle all that water the pumps will fight over the water.

I do not think that would be a problem. The scoop port is fairly large and my current 2000 GPH pump does not starve for water and at 1980 gph on the three put together would probably not be a problem. I am going to talk with my engineer buddy who does flow rates and see what he thinks.

I really want to add that 3700 GPH to mine over the winter. Again, my engineer buddy will be involved on that one for sure. I would hate to do all the work only to find out that jester was right and I burn the pump up due to inlet restriction!!!!

Jon
08-16-2008, 10:33 AM
You guys need to go talk to your dealers and they will tell you everything you need to know. Each of the 3 pumps have their own intake on the bottom. They do fill and empty through the bottom of the boat. There is an overflow/vent line that comes out the side of the boat. The pumps are on timers so you cannot overfill or burn out your pump when emptying. The pumps will also automatically turn off if it senses "dry". Each pump runs at approximately 100 lbs per minute.