PDA

View Full Version : Z5 Cargo Rack

2000OUTBACK
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
I know the Z5 Cargo rack comes on several of the boats out there.... Does anyone know where to buy one? A dealer or something? Even a knock off brand?
Thanks

tazz3069
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Ithink thatt the dealer is te only place.

zegm
08-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Yeah I believe he is correct only a dealer. And I don't think they will work with an outback or outback V is the tower might be too short. They are not offered as options on those boats. However, if a dealer just happened to have one I would still give it a try. It is one of the best options we ordered on our LS.

2000OUTBACK
08-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah I believe he is correct only a dealer. And I don't think they will work with an outback or outback V is the tower might be too short. They are not offered as options on those boats. However, if a dealer just happened to have one I would still give it a try. It is one of the best options we ordered on our LS.

Yea I was not sure. I just ordered a tower for mine today.I ordered a Aerial tower so I do not know how tall it will be. I did not know if it would work or not. I was hoping some aftermarket company made one....

zegm
08-14-2008, 09:06 AM
The way the rack attaches is simple, it uses 4 clamps to attach to the tower. One pair is the pivoting point and the other pair is the release pair. But as far as other companies making it I did notice a sticker on it saying Patent Pending. That might be why we haven't seen another version of it from another company. I think one issue might be the distance between the pair of verticals and their location in respect to the seats. Where is Athens AL? You might take a trip to a dealer with a tape measure and you could determine if you could make it work for you. If the tubing was a different diameter you could get around that with bushings.

kaneboats
08-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't know the Aerial tower, but many of the aftermarket ones narrow down significantly at the top. You have to be very careful fitting a bimini or something like the cargo rack.

Razzman
08-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Give Tower Biminis a call, they might be making one now or can custom build you one. I had a custom bimini done by them a couple years ago on my old Tigé and it is the most solid and best made bimini you can buy, bar none. You will pay for it though but they are worth it. Check them out ... Tower Biminis (http://www.towerbiminis.com/)

2000OUTBACK
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Give Tower Biminis a call, they might be making one now or can custom build you one. I had a custom bimini done by them a couple years ago on my old Tigé and it is the most solid and best made bimini you can buy, bar none. You will pay for it though but they are worth it. Check them out ... Tower Biminis (http://www.towerbiminis.com/)

I just went to there website. They do have a good looking product. I am gonna get a price from them!
Thanks