PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Location '02 LSV

RobertJ
08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I am having trouble finding a good spot for my cans. I have a pair of Mako cans and the factory Rad-a-Cage tower. I have the cans on the forward tube and spaced as far out as possible. My problem is the cans have cleaned my clock a few times and last night a buddy came over to check out our new boat an knocked him self silly. I am 6'4" and need room to roam. I am thinking of putting the cans on top of the tower. If I do this can I still hang out with you guys? It is okay to "grill" me about this.

wolfeman131
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
HA! Good one with the "grill" reference . . .

Maybe if everyone knew you were 6'4" they might have been a bit more careful with the replies to your first post. Myself included!

I've seen them on top & even off to the sides of the tower on my neighbor's Malibu. My guess is that most think it's a "cleaner" look mounted down.

jester
08-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I was having the same issue with my tower speakers so i moved them to the bow side of the tower. I have not hit my head since i moved them and i'm 5'9". now my friend who is 5'5" who never hit her head before hits her head all the time. Guess it is never a win win solution.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMG_5126.jpg

JesseC
08-15-2008, 05:06 PM
See my links for the way mine are mounted. If you ever plan on adding a bimini, you will hit your head on that first!!!