PDA

View Full Version : Outback V 750 fly high sacs GOOD or BAD IDEA?

jetpilot
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the 750s. I'm sure people have done this. If so is it just replacing the quick connect fittings and pluggin new sacs in? Can u pump them up all the way. Thanks

RPE_LSV
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
i'm quite sure people may disagree with me...but.....

almost everyone on here has said they they only fill their 750's half way when wakeboarding, but fill 100% when wakesurfing. too much weight in the back and your wake will be washy....I would see it a be a little difficult to evenly distribute the weight when you only fill half way. (how do you know it's half way on each sack?)

When I board I completely fill up the sacks in the back. No issues and no guessing. I have an 08 LSV with the Gravity III system. My next project will be adding more weight into the bow. Moombas love the weight in the bow. My personal opinion is I don't see the 750's worth it.

As I said, many people may disagree with me. But I thought I'd give my two cents for what it's worth. :)

spyder
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I have 550's in the rear I fill off a manual pump and the automatic ballast in the ski locker...

this in combination with the wake plate makes a wall of water... was very weird to hit at first.. feels like it shoots you straight up in the air.

cab13367
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the 750s. I'm sure people have done this. If so is it just replacing the quick connect fittings and pluggin new sacs in? Can u pump them up all the way. Thanks

jetpilot,

Before you order the 750s, check and see if you can get the fittings to unscrew from your stock bags. On mine, they came out easy enough on one of the bags but absolutely would not budge on the other bag. I've read on here that they glue the fittings from the factory. So if you can get them out, then you can use them on your 750s. If not, order the fittings with the bags.

Don't know if you can fill them all the way on a V. I think I've read on this forum that you can't. I can fill my 750 all the way but I have a 2006 LSV.

Al

Pic of a completely full 750# sac in my 2006 LSV. This is before I lengthened the fill hose. Also, I bought this used and it came with the Tsunami pump fitting in place of a cap on the the vent hole.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_0953.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_0954.jpg

cab13367
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
i'm quite sure people may disagree with me...but.....

almost everyone on here has said they they only fill their 750's half way when wakeboarding, but fill 100% when wakesurfing. too much weight in the back and your wake will be washy....I would see it a be a little difficult to evenly distribute the weight when you only fill half way. (how do you know it's half way on each sack?)

When I board I completely fill up the sacks in the back. No issues and no guessing. I have an 08 LSV with the Gravity III system. My next project will be adding more weight into the bow. Moombas love the weight in the bow. My personal opinion is I don't see the 750's worth it.

As I said, many people may disagree with me. But I thought I'd give my two cents for what it's worth. :)

RPE,

I agree with you, sort of. I use 3x400 lb sacs and fill them full when wakeboarding. I also have a 750 with it's own fittings. When we surf, I fill just the ski locker bag and swap out the 400 lb sac for the 750 on the surf side. It only takes a couple minutes.

If you are running just stock ballast, what do you do when you surf?

Al

deafgoose
08-16-2008, 11:33 PM
The 750's will barely fit and you won't be able to fill them all the way so its just not worth it.

I bought a 725lb launch pad external ballast and its absolutely amazing! I fill the left rear locker and the center bag and with the 725 single on the left seat its perfect for wakesurfing.

I then pull the bag down on the floor and fill all the bags while wakeboarding. A buddy of mine said my wake was comparable to a 2006 Malibu wakesetter that he uses all the time.

ipodfansmail
08-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Cool post,I like your information

RPE_LSV
08-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Cab,
Sorry for the late reply...just got back from a week in Prineville. Boy did the weather suck!! When it comes to surfing we just empty one of the rear sacs (depending on which side the rider rides). I always have 4-5 people in the boat with me so we just load everyone to one side.

cab13367
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear that the weather was crappy. We have a cabin rented at Lake Billy Chinook Sep 10 - 14. Hope we get good weather.

Yeah, the current hull LSV throws a nice surf wave without needing excessive ballast. With just the 750 and the 400, it's pretty decent. But I have the 275's that came stock with the boat so I bought a Tsunami pump and some fittings and I plan to fill those and put them on top of the seats on the surf side when it's only me, my wife, and two small kids. My wife is a little paranoid of surfing so close to the boat so I am trying to extend the wake a little and still make it big enough to easily freeride on.

Al