PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Mobius Buying Advice

BigRed
11-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Hello All,

I am going to talk to a dealer tomorrow about his 2000 Mobius 21' Inmar direct drive for sale (18,990). Do any of you have good questions I should ask or things I should look out for?

I have been reading up and below is what I need to check:
1. Cracks in the gel coat
2. Carb or EFI motor

Help me out as this is my first time seriously shopping for a toy of this calibur. What do you think of the price?

-Kurt

cola
11-13-2003, 10:44 PM
I sold a 2000 Mobius in August to a private party and sold it for 23,500. The boat had a 310 Indmar(carb.), 150 hours, tower and ballast, racks, 4 blade prop, tandem trailer with disk brakes and swing tongue, and was in near perfect condition. I thought the buyer got a pretty good price, since it booked at almost 26,000 with trailer. We seem to pay higher prices for boats here in Calif, so out of staters might think what I sold for was outrageous. Ask about everything(service records, cracks at platform bracket on transom, windshield separation, all electronics working properly, prop and shaft condition, trailer tires and brakes, rust/corrosion on trailer indicating salt water use, look at engine comp/bilge for oil and other fluids/leaks, tears or holes in upholstery, open every comp and pull up every seat, look for major scratches and gouging on the hull to see if it was beached alot. In short, be very picky. It's a large investment and you don't want someone else's problems. And walk away if they even hesitate about a lake test. Good luck!