PDA

View Full Version : Over 250 Can Surf!

gallen70
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Here are some pics of me surfing. I didn't get any of me without the rope but I did it. I was told by several people if I was over 250 I would never be able to surf with slack in the rope. My first problem was getting my boat dialed in for a good wake. I have an 03 Mobius LSV. All I had to do to get the wake was fill a 750lb. fat sack in the surfside locker with the wake plate up 100% and 2 adults on the surfside. My speed was between 10.5 and 11mph. That's it! If I try to fill the front sack up it destroys the wake. Anyways It was a good day. The wake I was surfing was cleaner then the ones in the pictures it had a nice curl to it when the speed was adjusted right.

MrsZ
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Awesome gallen! I need to learn about the wake too. We have an LS with only the rear ballast... We just learned to get up last weekend.

cab13367
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Here are some pics of me surfing. I didn't get any of me without the rope but I did it. I was told by several people if I was over 250 I would never be able to surf with slack in the rope. My first problem was getting my boat dialed in for a good wake. I have an 03 Mobius LSV. All I had to do to get the wake was fill a 750lb. fat sack in the surfside locker with the wake plate up 100% and 2 adults on the surfside. My speed was between 10.5 and 11mph. That's it! If I try to fill the front sack up it destroys the wake. Anyways It was a good day. The wake I was surfing was cleaner then the ones in the pictures it had a nice curl to it when the speed was adjusted right.

gallen,

Good job not listening to the naysayers. That's why they make bigger boards.

Glad to hear you were able to freesurf!

Al

RobertJ
08-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Way Cooool, I am 6'4" and 3 bills plus a little change and I am hoping to get up soon. We just got our first v-drive 2 weeks ago. It is an '02 grillobius (see my bow rail thread to get the grillobious joke) I actually have an '02 LSV. Thanks for the info on ballast placement.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods and see us on the water stop by for a slurpee and a brat, oops make that 3 bills plus a lot of change.

tazz3069
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Glad you are back Robert. Surfing is the new Drug for us. I really haven't skiied since I tried wakeboarding and now surfing. We are going out for a Dusk ride on Thursday. Going to try out a new board.