PDA

View Full Version : Looking for surf board!

Geoffrey18
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey all,,I am wanting to start surfing some and I am looking for a board. I am on a budget and am not picky. I am looking for something that is good for a beginner and not a huge wake. I have an 06 Outback V w/gravity 1 and 2 400 fly high v drives in the rear. If anyone has an older board or any beginner board that may be collecting dust let me know. Thanks.

JesseC
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I basically have the same boat as you. I am running 900 lbs on one side with the front locker half full and have NO issues surfing on the O'brien Alias 5' 0. I picked it up for just under 200 shipped. The board has a loose feel, but I like it alot! I weigh about 140 and can surf it as long as I want....

zegm
08-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Jessie,

Without any luck tracking down a Inland Surfer I decided to order a Liquid Force Venture. Will let you know what we think, not sure how that will help since I have never been on one. OK I will let MrsZ let us know what she thinks as she learned how last weekend at the Tampa Jamboree.

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Zegm, if we do this moomba on flint river event you are more than welcome to try my cwb ride. I will also bring some balast bags so we can weight your boat down and see what it will do if you like.-kinda try before you buy.

zegm
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Stacy,

Thanks!!! We did pull the kids on a surfboard at the Jamboree. With the rear ballast full and the wakeplate all the way up it was pretty impressive. G and Z said it was close to Eds wake. Could also be that the rear storage locker (which is huge on the LS) was full of gear,wet jackets and an inch of water. And with this being said I spoke to Inland Surfer and another manufacturer about the boat and the weights and skill level of the riders and decided to purchase a 5'6" board to get us started. I wanted an Inland Surfer but just couldn't find anyone who had one so I ordered a LF Venture from Performance Ski and Surf out of Orlando. I think this time of year people are not restocking water sports equipment. If we really like the sport then we can spend the bigger bucks later.
Now before we go to the Flint Pat has marked the rudder eater right? :)

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
One thing about a rudder eater is you never forget where it is. Pat will show/tell us and then we will never forget either. Ive been on a island surfer blue lake, smed board and ride--i like the ride the best so far.

kaneboats
08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I am going to try to mark it on Sat., if possible. I'm actually a little afraid to go looking for it though. Maybe get the kids with masks to look. Anybody know a good system for marking these? We used to use an old clorox bottle and some string. I'm going to write "BIG A$$ ROCK" on it -- just like that too, with the dollar signs.

moombadaze
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
"BIG A$$ ROCK" on it -- just like that too, with the dollar signs.

i like that

MOOMBA_97
08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Pat,

When over there working this week I looked at it from shore. With water levels where they are you can see it pretty well. It extends out about 20 ft or so. BE CAREFUL.

On another note, I have the Hyperlite 5'6" Broadcast. That is the easist board to ride I have ever tried.

Monty

kaneboats
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I plan on parking below it and swimming up to it. I'll try to post a pic of the marker.