PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing LSV stock ballast

vkkovach
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
This is behind a 07 LSV with all stock ballast full,4 adults including driver,wakeplate at 1/3rd up.Riding a older Hyperlite landlock,I will be adding more weight soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-vOdMoJOc

deafgoose
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Damn that guy is really good at surfing!

Sled491
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Very cool, I'm guessing the rider has some ocean board experience?

EAGER_BEAVER
08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Awesome riding.

Aren't you supposed to only load the ballast on the side of the boat the rider is on for surfing ??

vkkovach
08-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Very cool, I'm guessing the rider has some ocean board experience?
I grew up surfing every day,My high school had a surf team!

Awesome riding.

Aren't you supposed to only load the ballast on the side of the boat the rider is on for surfing ??

Yeah but with only the stock bags it wasn't enough weight for a decent wave.So I just kept messing with it until I was able to surf with no rope.

mattsmoomba
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I have stock Ballast III in my boat. I cannot get a good size wake, good enough to really shred on my board. I tried it with one bag full on the surf side. all three bags full, trim all the way up and down, different speeds but I still cannot get a large enough wake. Other than upgraded my ballast any ideas???

moombadaze
08-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Mattsmoomba, no other ideas other than upgrade with one flyhigh 750lb bag with the quick fittings. fill that on your surfside and front bag, wake plate 3/4 up and 10.5mph and hold on you will be surfing a good wave. also make sure the water is at least 10 feet or deeper.

totalbrody34
08-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I have stock Ballast III in my boat. I cannot get a good size wake, good enough to really shred on my board. I tried it with one bag full on the surf side. all three bags full, trim all the way up and down, different speeds but I still cannot get a large enough wake. Other than upgraded my ballast any ideas???

you have to add more weight to the rear corner you are surfing. empty the other bags as they will just counteract the weight you're putting in the corner you want. sinking the back of the boat will make your wave bigger. adding weight to the front will make the wave a little longer but less tall.
bottom line, when you think you have alot of weight in the corner, add some more! start ordering bags. jason from wakemakers.com is on here, he'll help you out.