PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Fuse Blowing??

jettrack
08-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I have a 2002 Outback LS with the 350 Indmar engine, I am experiencing the fuse for the fuel pump (15A ATO Fuse) blowing consistently during restarts when the engine is warm, is this an indication of the fuel pump needing to be replaced, I typically replace the fuse each time and the pump starts working and the engine starts, I have replaced the fuel filter and it has not helped. Is the fuel pump shorting out when it gets warm. I never experience this problem when the engine is cold??

Jeff

jettrack
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Well I was unfortunate enough to have anyone answer my question on this board so I was left to trial and error. I replaced the High pressure Fuel pump after speaking with a technician that I trusted to see if that would eliminate my problem. Unfortunately that only worked for a few hours when my fuse blew again. We then disconnected the low pressure fuel pump and determined that that was the problem as the boat would start fine without that pump connected then we would plug the pump back in and the boat ran great as long as you do not shut it off. I am replacing the cheap Carter Low Pressure Fuel pump which will eliminate my problem altogether. It is to bad that Carter does not make a stout fuel pump that does not give up after 175 hours of use. Hope this helps someone in the future. Hopefully Moomba has done away with this two pump system on boats newer than 2002.

Jeff

Jeff