PDA

View Full Version : Set up for surf

davidl
08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
We have a 08 LSV gravity package, wake plate ect.. We just started surfing and cant get enough! My question is what should I fill ? One side rear plus center? Wake plate up or down ? we are getting a good wave but not enough to let go of the rope. eny advise will be welcome...Thanks David

deafgoose
08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Fill the center and the left locker if you ride with left foot foreward. With the wakeplate down the wave will be small but long. With the wakeplate up the wave will be short and steep.

I add an extra 725lb on the left rear seats with my wakeplate @ 50% and its perfect!

davidl
08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks Goose, We will give it a try

pickle311
08-12-2008, 07:18 PM
In my LSV we run the ski locker full, another 600 - 700lbs in the bow, a 750lb sack in the rear left plus a 150lb sack in front of it. I'm getting a good wave but I'm thinking it would be a lot better with another 400 or 500 on the left side of the floor. I may try my other 750 on the left side as well next time just to see if it helps.

vkkovach
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I have a 07 LSV and can actually surf with all the stock bags full and 3-4 adults on the surf side. I usually have the wake plate at about 1/3rd of the way up and ride at 10.5-11mph. It could use more weight but still surf's pretty good!

cab13367
08-13-2008, 12:48 AM
We have a 08 LSV gravity package, wake plate ect.. We just started surfing and cant get enough! My question is what should I fill ? One side rear plus center? Wake plate up or down ? we are getting a good wave but not enough to let go of the rope. eny advise will be welcome...Thanks David

Hi David,

Glad to see you've discovered surfing. Fill the center and the surf side bag, and spread your crew along the surf side of the boat, starting in back and going towards the front. You should also buy a 20x20x50" 750# fat sac (wakeside.com, buywake.com, etc.) and the same fittings as your stock bags. That way, when it's time to surf, just swap the rear 400# bag for the 750. With this set up and at least 3 adults on the boat, you should be good. Oh yeah, wakeplate halfway down, about 10 mph. That works good for us.

BTW, we will be at Lake Billy Chinook Sep 10 - 14. We have one of the cabins rented near the Cove Palisades marina. Swing by and say hi!

Also, it's not necessarily all about the wave. Practice makes perfect. I was able to free surf behind my brother's Tige 24V a couple weeks ago with NO ballast and just 3 adults on the boat. And my son can free surf with just the stock ballast no problem.

Al