PDA

View Full Version : carb versus fuel injection

55ChevyBrad
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
I plan on ordering my new 2004 new mobius with the standard engine that comes carbeurated. My local dealer is trying very hard to get me to order with the step up engine with comes with fuel injection.

I would like to stay with the carb for various reasons
1. I don't want to spend the extra money just for fuel
injection
2. My 55 chevy has a GM350 Vortec crate engine with a
Holley carb and I kind of dig having the same engine
in my tow vehicle as my boat.

Are most of you out there that went with the Carb happy???
Please let me know, thanks

Brad

jburnside
11-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Brad,
We went with the 310hp carb motor in our 2003 Outback LS and had no trouble with it all season. The boat only has a little over 40 hours on it though. Occasionally my wife had to prime the motor to get it to start even after we had been out skiing or wakeboarding. Not that big of a deal, just had to show her what to do a couple of times. My biggest issue was when we were leaving the dock (public), trying to get the boat to stay running. You can't really sit at the dock long enough to let the motor really warm up on busy days, so as you pull away it wants to stall. I love our boat and haven't had any issues with it, but I think I would opt for the fuel injection next time. That's my 2 cents. Good luck.

mtvfiremedic
11-10-2003, 06:08 PM
i highly recommend the EFI fuel injected engine!!!!!! i have both.. a 98 Boomerang w/o fuel injection and a 2002 Mobius LSV with fuel injection(EFI)...otherwise the exact same engine..the EFI runs way smoother...and starts w/o having to pump the throttle...also ALOT better on gas mileage.... ALOT better... it is way worth the extra dough if you can afford it... you will pay it out in fuel costs easily..and there is little to no maintenance with a EFI.. carbs need to be adjusted for altitude if you go over 2000 feet.. efi doesnt..so resale is better also... GO EFI... i love my new boat... liked my old one alot...had alot of punch..this one has 10 hp more with the EFI.. dont bother with TBI..that isnt worth the extra dough...same as EFI but a little better.... and a few more HP.. these boats have plenty stock..hope it helps..

55ChevyBrad
11-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Ok, you guys, you convinced me. I really appreciate your advice and experience and I am tottttttttttttally convinced by your responses.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Brad