PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water Seeping through carpet ????

calpal10
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey all, was out in the boat (03 Mobius V) last weekend and as i was pulling i started to notice water seeping through the carpet right under my feet (driver side). It was hot water too. I'm baffled, i dont really know what hoses would run up under there. Any ideas what this might be? Thanks in advance.

tazz3069
08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Dumb question. Was the plug in? I do not understand why the water was hot. Was the bildge pumping out water at all? Were the hoses attached to the ballast bags?

zabooda
08-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a heater leak.

cab13367
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hey all, was out in the boat (03 Mobius V) last weekend and as i was pulling i started to notice water seeping through the carpet right under my feet (driver side). It was hot water too. I'm baffled, i dont really know what hoses would run up under there. Any ideas what this might be? Thanks in advance.

I think zabooda's got it right. If you have heaters on your boat, the heater core is typically mounted under the dash, in front of the footbox. Hot water from the engine circulates through the heater core so that's probably where it's coming from.

Al

tazz3069
08-08-2008, 08:50 AM
That's right. I forgot about the heater.

calpal10
08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
ok so it sounds like its probably the hoses that circulate the water for the heater. Anybody know how i can get to them? I dont think i can go through the center locker and i'm not sure how else to get in there...any easy way you know of? The bilge is pumping it out but it's definitely working overtime. Thanks again, the help is much appreciated!!

cab13367
08-09-2008, 01:00 AM
ok so it sounds like its probably the hoses that circulate the water for the heater. Anybody know how i can get to them? I dont think i can go through the center locker and i'm not sure how else to get in there...any easy way you know of? The bilge is pumping it out but it's definitely working overtime. Thanks again, the help is much appreciated!!

Not sure on the V but on the LSV, you access them from under the front, starboard cushion.

zabooda
08-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I replaced a heater core once that was watering my feet. I removed the rear panel under the dash and the heater was right there. The leak may be from the fittings or a leaking core. If you don't see water on top of the box then it is the core. You can take apart the box and replace the core. If you don't want to bother with the heater right now, you can remove both hoses going to the heater on the front part of the engine and dead-end them. If you don't get to it by winterization remember to blow out the heater lines.

calpal10
08-09-2008, 01:08 PM
thanks all for the help. Found the problem (heater core), got to it, just need to pick up new part. this community/forum is great! appreciate all the help!