PDA

View Full Version : Ski pics of last weekend

Matt Glenn
08-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Me and some guys having fun my 06 outback

kaneboats
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Couple of quality shots in there. Great stuff!

tazz3069
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Great looking pictures.

deerfield
08-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Matt - Skiers reign supreme. Thanks for the photos. - Deerfield

Sled491
08-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Now, were talking, I'm tired of us skiers losing ground to sooo many bad wakeboarders. What you guys are showing takes skill, practice, strength and endurance. I tired of seeing so many guys just jumping up and down and calling themselves awsum big air boarders. So me some inverts or something and I'll back down.

Enough of that Rant, great shots guys. To all skiers lets see more pics, from tourneys, to free skiis, to accepting awards, whatever you got bring it!

tazz3069
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I have some pics. I need to steal the camera from Mrs. Tazz and download them.

MrsZ
08-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Good pictures Matt. It IS great to see pictures of real skiing, like Sled said.

Here is a picture of Kaneboats on his broken slalom...I hope that is OK Kaneboats?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/zmega/Kaneboats/DSC_0397.jpg

Waynes345
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Fall free skiing at Apple Canyon Lake. Old, fat and having fun...

MrsZ
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Aren't we all?

kaneboats
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow! I didn't know I looked that bad. Lucky I didn't break your camera. My R knee was aching and I couldn't turn back to the right. It was still fun though. It's a nice picture and I appreciate the pull.

tarkus70
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Nice shots. I have been sking more this year and am loving it also

Sled491
08-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Tarkus, so where are the pics?

Waynes, wow look at the size of that shovel your on, holy crap!

I'm glad were starting to get some more action on the skiing page. Mrs Z where's a pic of you, Z is bragging about you all the time, lets see some!

zegm
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Sled,
We have some awesome pictures of MrsZ on the slalom ski. Well OK let me clarify that, we took some awesome pictures a couple of weeks ago in Georgia. Later that day we took the SD card out and put them in her newphews nintendo Wii. Well we left GA and forgot the SD card. She called her sister and said please send the card to us, well we still don't have the card! Hopefully it will be here soon. And we have to give Zachary Credit for the camera action of the pictures.

Sled491
08-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Z, I'm looking forward to seeing these pics. Maybe I can put the bug back in Mrs Sled. Since spraining her back last September skiing it was all I could do to get her on the surf board, and forget the wakeboard!

I need my kids to get either better at driving or better at taking pictures so there can be a few current pics of my skiing. I need to see how I'm doing these days. Bouy counts don't do anything for me, I need to see form, just my thing.

Waynes345
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Sled - Look at the size of the gut that shovel has to keep above the water! That's an old Connelly Mid S that came with the Outback. I can't get up on my old EP Comp anymore and am too proud to drop. I am looking around for something new I can ride that is big enough to help me get 240 lbs. out of the water, but nimble enough to turn hard. The Mid S skips out if I lay it down hard. Anybody got any advice?

MrsZ
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Waynes345 - You will probably get a lot of advice on skis. Zegm and I both were EP peeps too. I still am living in the past. But there is more of Zegm to love now and he couldn't get up on his EP anymore. He got a Radar Senate (69" !) and now I can pull him up without him yelling at the driver!

Waynes345
08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
MrsZ- That's good to hear about the yelling as MrsWayne is currently shopping for earplugs for when I am in the water. She has made huge progress as a driver, though she still thinks she is going to kill me every time I'm back there. She is even docking now and taking it in and out of the Shorestation. I might have to introduce her to the Moomba Mommas page.

Sled491
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Waynes

The one I have tried and thought was OK, and came with a Pro endorsement was the HO Triumph. They say the pros use them in the off season to slow down and work on form. These skiis are meant to be skied below 32 mph and it is available in a 71" size. This is not just a wide body easy going ski, this is considered a Hi Performance ski. Around 470.00 with double High Wraps

Conelly makes the "Big Daddy" for skiers over 200lbs and claim that if it doesn't work like you want it to they'll take the ski back and credit the money towards another Conelly ski. Not bad for 269.00

yearround
08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
i ski on a HO triumph, with dbl venom, 69". i am not a real course skier, just like to ski. i got the ski when i was close to 220, i had a 67" KD5000 that was way too hard to get up on. i have dropped down to 185 and the Ho jumps out of the water.

I am an HO person, so that is my bit.

zegm
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Sled, I am almost afraid to post pics of me. Maybe you can coach me from afar. I was just thinking that I haven't had anyone to coach me since Mike and I were in college and I was in tournaments. Now all I have is my family (who think I rock) and the buoy count. The funny thing is the boat is slower and the rope is longer and still the count is fewer....Maybe I should multiply instead of add. Or maybe it is like golf?

Sorry. This is not zegm, this is MrsZ. :oops:

Sled491
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Mrs Z, before we can analyze we need the pics. Into to ball, through it and exit. But a few free ski shots will work just as well. Bottom line with the course is timing. I've had days at 15 off and 32mph and struggled to make 2, and I've had days at 36 and 22 off where I thought I should be skiing Andy Mapple for beers. And lets face it after 22 off all us amatuers are hit and miss. There were times when I was young you could go to a small tournament and if you made all 6 at 15 off you were the winner. For now just worry about flow and form. With flow comes timing and with form comes the balls.

MrsZ
08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I know what you mean about timing. It used to be so easy. I just cant get the timing right this entire year! It doesn't feel right and doesnt flow like it should.

jmvotto
08-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Waynes, i looked at the "big Daddy" and the people at barts told me it was good for getting up and cruising, not hard carving. They steered me to the O'brien synchro which i love . i free ski and it gets up fast and can carve as hard as you want( as long as your not andy mapple) Obrien has they instruction video using it and the guys are running the course with it.

check it out it comes in 69. the targa bindings are nice. i got deal last xmas for about 299 on factory blem.

Waynes345
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Waynes, i looked at the "big Daddy" and the people at barts told me it was good for getting up and cruising, not hard carving. They steered me to the O'brien synchro which i love . i free ski and it gets up fast and can carve as hard as you want( as long as your not andy mapple) Obrien has they instruction video using it and the guys are running the course with it.

check it out it comes in 69. the targa bindings are nice. i got deal last xmas for about 299 on factory blem.

JM - Thanks for the input. That's what I'm looking for. I'm a free skier these days, but still like to lay it down hard a time or two, at least until my forearms give out.

tarkus70
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Pics???? I don't think I have any? I will have someone take some Hmmm