PDA

View Full Version : wake plate

55ChevyBrad
11-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I have never been in a boat with a wakeplate. Can someone give me some advice on wether it's worth it or not on a direct drive????

I was told on a Vdrive it helps plane out the boat and allows tweaks of the wake.

On a direct dirve I am guessing it helps make a bigger wake for wakeboarding????

To buy or not to buy, that is the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pjtatro
11-07-2003, 10:38 AM
The wakeplate does not increase the wake. When it is all the way up (doing nothing) is when you will have your biggest wake. The only reason I can see to have one on a DD is if you have the sacks blown up and want to reduce the wake size for the less aggressive riders without removing water.

wakeboard dad
11-07-2003, 01:12 PM
The wakeplate is a great option. It enhances or modifies the wake to a style you're comfortable with. I saw one on a Supra d Drive and it noticeably changed the shape of the wake. I have heard that it also will help with prop wash for skiing, but I'm nort sure about that.

Buy it, you won't regret it. I ordered it on my new Mobius LSV.

Flatwater
11-07-2003, 01:50 PM
I have 03 Mobius DD , I use always for skiing all the way down with a small adjustment up for skiing at 34 mph. Also when running back to the launch, the plate is about midway to stop the bow from porposing . Don't buy one without.

waterboy
11-08-2003, 02:57 AM
I agree.....we use it mostly to fine tune the wake for skiing, but you can also change the shape a little while wakeboarding. It doesn't make it bigger, just different. It also adds resale value to your boat, if that's a concern.

Brian