PDA

View Full Version : My 2000 Outback

2000OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I just bought this boat on Monday. It needs some work but that is what winter is for. Here are some pics as it sits right now.

2000OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
A couple more pics..... We are planning to redo the interior and add a tower this winter.

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 03:20 PM
There's something strangely familiar about that boat. Did you get it from a guy in GA?

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I think I know the color #'s you need if you are going to purchase vinyl from Great Lakes Skipper. I'll try to dig them up for you.

maxpower220
08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
The boat looks to be in pretty good condition (sans interior). If the only problem is vinyl and carpet, the project shouldn't be too bad. You can always make a custom design with the colors.

2000OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 05:42 PM
There's something strangely familiar about that boat. Did you get it from a guy in GA?

Yes I did. What do you know about it?

2000OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I think I know the color #'s you need if you are going to purchase vinyl from Great Lakes Skipper. I'll try to dig them up for you.

Man that would be great!!

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes I did. What do you know about it?

Not much except he was supposedly ready to sell it in Jan. when I bought mine. I couldn't get him to respond or ever show it to me. I jumped on a different one. Let's just say that you got an awesome deal if it's what it's supposed to be and you paid what I think you did. The cosmetic stuff is just that: cosmetic. If she'll run for you and has real low hours it could be great for a long time. Congrats again!

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Man that would be great!!

I am almost positive that the lighter gray used on the majority of the interior is their "foam backed" part # 1381. You can go direclty to the GLS website- don't have to go through ebay. You can request samples of that color and the 2 or 3 closest looking blues and darker grays and they will send them to you. They were very cool to deal with. I'll keep looking for the other nos.

2000OUTBACK
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the help!

I feel I got a great boat too!!! I let it run in the drive way tonight for about 5 mins and it did idle alittle. I think once I get it in the water and run all the crap gas out of the motor It will run better. Oh and it just hit 65 hour on the meter!!

Kidder
08-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Wow, that is a great looking boat. Please document the progress you make over the winter with the restoration (pics, lots of 'em).

2000OUTBACK
08-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Wow, that is a great looking boat. Please document the progress you make over the winter with the restoration (pics, lots of 'em).

Thanks!! I will do my best to take lots of pics.

kaneboats
08-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I think you are going to be very happy. Maybe we'll see you at the Atlanta Jamboree next year?

kaneboats
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
There was a guy advertising back in Feb or March on Atlanta's Craigslist that he would do interiors or make covers, etc. You might want to check that out too.

2000OUTBACK
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I will check that out. That is how I found this boat was on the Atlanta Craigslist.

Chris_B
08-09-2008, 07:33 PM
The trailer on my '02 Outback looks identical (Boatmate), but for the small "v-shaped" carpet bunk at the bow. I've been having extreme difficulties loading it and think that might help? I've had an I/O runabout for many years and I can launch and retrieve the darn thing in about 20 seconds (with winch not boat buddy) by myself.

I've tried loading with the fenders 1-2" out of the water and I can't get the boat all the way up the trailer (winching or powering). I've tried deeper, but that puts the bow roller way up the bow and it's hell winching the bow up to get the roller under the first "lip" on the hull (near the eyebolt). Any suggestions?

04OUTBACK
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
chris,
similar troubles on steep ramps..
put the trailer in with the water cover almost all the wheel wells of the trailer.
Get the bow up to the roller, hook up the strap and lock it.....have someone pull the trailer out a bit until the bow comes up over the roller...stop them.. and crank the winch as they slowly back down..
have had to do that on steep ramps when water levels were down.
its awesome when you have a proper ramp! (RARE)

2000OUTBACK
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Here are some pics of it in the water!

kaneboats
08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Can't put my finger on it but there's just something I like about that boat. Be sure to post some when you get the tower on. Be sure to get some help to get it sitting right -- BEFORE you drill!!

zegm
08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Awesome boat!!!! Congradulations!!!

About the trailer issue, I have owned 3 boats before this Moomba LS and I currently have a 25ft fishing boat. And yes this is the most finicky boat to get right while putting back on the trailer! Too deep and bow is under the roller and the rear is still floating. Too shallow and difficult to get up to the roller. I have also put it on partially and then pulled up on the ramp to get bow above the roller. Now this past Sunday I found the perfect ramp and we just drove it right on with the bow above the roller. And the weird thing is Kaneboats knew about this ramp as he used it in my presence but never told me about it???? :lol:

Actually the weeds were we usually put in were so bad the ramps were closed and we were forced to go to this ramp. I think next time I will just go straight there!

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Your boat looks great on the water! Can't wait to see how she looks after you get the tower on and the interior redone.

2000OUTBACK
08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Can't put my finger on it but there's just something I like about that boat. Be sure to post some when you get the tower on. Be sure to get some help to get it sitting right -- BEFORE you drill!!

I got the Tower TODAY!!!!!!! Hopefully it will be on tonight!!!

slacker
08-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Good luck! Boat looks from the outside to be in really good shape! We actually has the same boat (colours and all) and only sold it this year becuase we wanted something bigger. Fantastic boat, handles great, and the tower made it that much better! Hope you enjoy it!

kaneboats
08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
And the weird thing is Kaneboats knew about this ramp as he used it in my presence but never told me about it???? :lol:

Don't let him BS you. Mike told me about this ramp. It did work great except for the fact I haven't exactly worked out the roller height on my "new" trailer. I caught the bow eye on the roller and couldn't get the boat off the trailer -- had to jerk around to get it loose. It was a very nice ramp though. That was the day I met Mike and the kids. It was awesome to have someone take a test ride with me when I picked up the boat after repairs.

I really need to do some work on the trailer. I put all new bunks and bunk carpet on and pulled the wheels and winch from the old trailer. Still have to fix the rollers and the too narrow trailer guides though.

2000OUTBACK
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Couple of tower pics

EAGER_BEAVER
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
The tower sure adds a nice touch.

spyder
08-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I think if you updated the stickers on the boat it would give it a great modern look..

looks great though.

deerfield
08-21-2008, 11:25 PM
2000 OB - Very, very nice! Tower, color, classic graphics. Nicely done. - Deerfield

slacker
08-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Looks awesome! will post you a pick of what the new owners of our OB LS did to the boat in a few once i dig them out of the e-mail!

slacker
08-22-2008, 06:06 AM
So - managed to find the picture!

Ours looked identical when we owned it - the new folks decided to update the graphics to last years (or this years) outback pattern - looks really sharp!

the dealer just did a wetsand, and off they went!

EMMAS MOOMBA
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Where Did You Get The Rack For Your Moomba. I Have The Same Year But Mine Is Red And White. Thats The Rack I Want. Thank You Andy

wolfeman131
08-22-2008, 01:19 PM
2000 - did you end up with the Aerial tower? Did you get any of their racks?

I've been looking at their racks & others. I posted as to if anyone had trued their racks but no replies. I have heard good things about the lip racks.

EMMAS MOOMBA
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
What Company Makes The Rack For Your 2000 Moomba Looks Great Andy

GeauxTigers
08-22-2008, 03:41 PM
That's awesome 2000! I just bought mine in January and I already put 72 hrs on it this summer!!!!

2000OUTBACK
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Everyone!!!! I am so excited about my new tower too- Counting down the hours till tomorrow morning to put it in the water!!!!!

The tower is a Aerial --Link: http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/aerial-wakeboard-wakeboarding-boat-tower-towers-s/24.htm

I bought it from H2OWATERSPORTS Link: http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/aerial-wakeboard-tower-polished-aluminum-p/bt-twr225-an.htm

I am gonna wait till next year to add board racks.

wolfeman131
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks Everyone!!!! I am so excited about my new tower too- Counting down the hours till tomorrow morning to put it in the water!!!!!

The tower is a Aerial --Link: http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/aerial-wakeboard-wakeboarding-boat-tower-towers-s/24.htm

I bought it from H2OWATERSPORTS Link: http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/aerial-wakeboard-tower-polished-aluminum-p/bt-twr225-an.htm

I am gonna wait till next year to add board racks.

That is the same place I found.
What do you think of the quality of there stuff?
Do you think you'll order your racks from them?

2000OUTBACK
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I think the quality is good. The tower seems very well built. All the welds look good and the polish job looks like chrome. I am extremely pleased so far. We will be heading out to the river in 9 hours so I will see how it does pulling me.

I like the board racks they have but I found some different ones I like better.....

wolfeman131
08-23-2008, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the info! It's had to see the quality on the welds, etc. on the internet.

2000OUTBACK
08-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Quick update on tower...... It did great this weekend! This was the worst weekend for boating in my life but the tower was great!!! It did not make any noise going down the river... My wife pulled me on my board for a few minuets and the rest of the time we pulled the tubes and knee boards on it. I am really pleased with it!

Now for the rest of the story... It was my daughters birthday this week so she wanted to invite a couple of friends to go boating... We dropped in Saturday morning and I fired the boat up and the belt was squeaking bad! I thought it would go away but it didn't. So we rode around and had some fun and hooked up with some friends. One of the girls that was out with us has a boat house on the river. Me and her headed to the boat house to get another tube and when we were pulling in the boat died. Come to find out the belt was so loose it was not charging the batteries or turning the water pump good enough. SO I had to get towed 5 miles up the river to the trailer..... I pulled it out Saturday night got a belt and charged the batteries and she is running again... Today we go to drop in and the weather was terrible... The waves were about 2 feet high and it sucked....

Last but not least...Saturday night a Deer decided to run into the side of my truck. Thankfully it did not do too much damage but the deer did pass away.

cab13367
08-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Where Did You Get The Rack For Your Moomba. I Have The Same Year But Mine Is Red And White. Thats The Rack I Want. Thank You Andy

Andy,

I have a set of the factory racks for sale. Please see the classifieds section on this site.

Thanks,

Al