PDA

View Full Version : cooler drain???

jmvotto
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
How do you drain the cooler, yes the plug is out, i was washing it out from the stinkiy empties and the water won't drain, is there a plug on the other end of the drain line.????:confused: help, now i have a gallon of soapy h20 in the cooler(aka empty storage)

Razzman
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I just pull the plug and down it goes. Sounds like you may have an obstruction in the line?

04OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
yep, ditto the obstruction..
what could you push down the line that is flexible? probably could use hose to put pressure on the line to push it out..

The line could be kinked.. pull up the seat cushions on both sides of hte cooler and get a look at the drain line..

Razzman
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
The problem could be an easy one. The drain fitting is a 90 degree elbow coming out of the cooler so it could very well be right there.

Mrs. Kane
08-06-2008, 07:20 PM
We don't have to cooler but, is there a tube inside the cooler that leads to the bilge? Would taking the shop vac to it to suck the blockage out work? Guys, respond to this before someone tries it. Just a suggestion, I wouldn't want to make matters worse.: )

tazz3069
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
If you have good pressure from the house, put the end of the hose, with a nosel on it, in the hole and turn on the water. If that does not work, use air pressure. Everytime I wash the boat, I always use on of the two metheds to get the hose cleared and cleaned.
Tazz