PDA

View Full Version : Bow Grab Handle on Outback/Outback V

RobertJ
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Help I am the new owner of a 2002 Mobius LSV and I don't have a place to hang my Magma BBQ, i like to do it in the bow to keep away from the engine and gas tank. On my old boat I had a bracket on the bow grab rail. My new boat does not have grab rails one the gunnel in the bow they are on the interior panel. I am thinking of adding bow rails similar to the newer Outbacks but I need to know the length and if the are straight or if they curve with the curve of the bow. Can't go out without the BBQ otherwise the wife will want to go back to the sterndrive, Ha-Ha.

RobertJ
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Porta potty is already in back next to the motor. Wood rots, kind of like your post.

Appleknocker
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Thats too funny. I think what Ed was getting at is if you want to mount a grill to your boat you should have bought a pontoon boat.

If you can't handle a little sarcasm this may not be the place for you. But don't let me discourage you from comming back. I need a good laugh every now and again.

csmsk
08-05-2008, 10:13 PM
BBQ?!?!? Not on MY boat!!! My wife would smack the sh*t outta me if I even thought that was a good idea.

Razzman
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
BBQ?!?!? Not on MY boat!!! My wife would smack the sh*t outta me if I even thought that was a good idea.

X2! :cool: Where are all these coming from lately? :confused:

04OUTBACK
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
BBQ on your buddies boat next too you! That sounds good!
I don't plan ahead well enough to pack agrill and food to cook..
I am more ofa pick up food on the way kind!

tazz3069
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Personally, I do not think that the BBQ idea is a good one. My two cents. We went to the river this weekend and the wife wanted to BBQ on the swim step. OH NO!! BBQ went on shore. Hot dogs were great.

Razzman
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
We pack sandwiches and have two "snack shacks" onboard, small plastic tubs outfitted with boat safe snacks for everyone. No damn grill :mad: :p

tazz3069
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I forgot to mention. NO GLASS ON THE BOAT. Only cans and plastic.

bamaspiveys
08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
A grill on a ski boat? Seriously, find a friend with a pontoon boat and loan him the grill, then stop by between sets and grab a burger.

No Glass on the boat, no eating in the boat, we eat on the platform if we stop long enough to eat!

Absolutley no cheetos or doritos!!!!!!

wolfeman131
08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I was gonna ask about mounting a disco ball from my tower, but don't think you guys would be much help . . .

tazz3069
08-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Absolutley no cheetos or doritos!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Actually cheetos would be ok if you have an Orange boat.

Sled491
08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Maybe this guy was from the MC forum just yanking us. A grill on a ski boat? What's next, slushy machines?

zegm
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Wait a minute Sled, didn't you tell me that you were able to scope some snow up from the floating iceberg next to your boat when you first got it and then your kids poured some powdered koolaid into this and made Slushies? :lol:

Ed,
Poop? Boat?? Are we talking about my fishing boat now, where I HAVE to bring the porty potty that fits under the table in the cabin or the ladies won't join us? I don't think it will fit in the bow of anything Moomba makes but maybe an XLV? Now if I had that way up in the north I would have some pretty blue slushies! :wink:

zegm
08-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow, The MasterCraft board has a nice bikini section!

Sled491
08-06-2008, 12:26 AM
You know Z, despite your continued efforts to paint my part of the country as 10 mnths of winter and 2 mnths of bad sledding, the water in my lake is a comfy 85 degrees right now, and with a dry suit I should be able to ski almost until, well I was going to say November but what I should say until my wife won't go out with me anymore :)

Razzman
08-06-2008, 12:33 AM
It's Here! The 2009 Moomba Grillobius! :p :lol:

Sled491
08-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Are you kidding me!

Appleknocker
08-06-2008, 12:36 AM
85 degrees!! you must be on a shallow lake for that kind of temp in Wisconsin. Here in the fox valley area we aren't anywhere near that.

Sled491
08-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah we're on Lower Nembahin. In front of our place the water is around 30 - 36 inches for a long long way, that's why we have 100 ft of pier and can't have a V drive. The rest of the lower lake is no more than 35 ft. I dive it regularly so this much I know for sure. The upper lake gets to about 60 ft., and all of the lakes on our chain are spring fed whch is why they don't allow motorized vehicles on the ice without a special permit and even that is just to cross straight to the island. But even Tichigan at over 60 ft is a 85 degrees right now.

Appleknocker
08-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Must be nice! We actually do most of our boating in Upper Michigan. The worst part obout skiing up there is when you jump in the water you have to retrive your nuts out of your throat the water is so cold.

Sled491
08-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Right now we are on a project in Phoenix. After a week of 110 degree weather, any water back home feels good! And I don't want to hear anything about dry heat! Dry heat my a@#!

Reese350
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
While we're talking about add-ons, I had to throw this one out there.

I couldn't believe that someone actually made these when someone sent it to me. Seems like a reasonable upgrade. LOL

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

04OUTBACK
08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Reese,
Good selection.. I have tried, but the wife insists NO

Razzman,
Good thing is lots of friends will hang out with you in the Grillobius!

They'll come for miles when they smell you cookin!

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Just ordered a new '08 Grillobius with the stripper pole. Had to go with the coed hot shower to save space. Best part is the satellite dish mounts to the tower so I can watch all my favorite shows. Got the upgrade Lazy Boy driver seat too.

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 09:18 AM
I hope you didn't scare Robert away. His response to you was clever and subtle while still biting. We could use him around here.

zabooda
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Just be careful when using the grills. There were some boats torched from a defective grill at the hydroplane races a few weeks back. Something else was cooked besides the food. Good video.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/901/story/254630.html

ian ashton
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
A buddy of mine uses one of those on his 23' Yamaha, but I've only seen him use it when rafted to other boats, pretty much eliminating and risk of waves. They cook pretty good food too.

Personally, we just bring sandwhiches and throw them in the cooler. I also keep the rear storage compartment full of single serving chip bags.

RobertJ
08-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the love. I never thought about adding a slurpee machine to my boat but it is my favorite man beverage and think of the killer surf wake a 2,000 pound slupeee machine behind the drivers seat. Just think brats on the grill, 4 flavors of slurpee's on tap, a big bag of cheeto's and the porta potty to ease the pain.

Also, I can route the fuel line through the slupree machine and no dreaded vapor lock for me.

wolfeman131
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the love. I never thought about adding a slurpee machine to my boat but it is my favorite man beverage and think of the killer surf wake a 2,000 pound slupeee machine behind the drivers seat. Just think brats on the grill, 4 flavors of slurpee's on tap, a big bag of cheeto's and the porta potty to ease the pain.

Also, I can route the fuel line through the slupree machine and no dreaded vapor lock for me.

Nice to see you came back! Hope you stay on the board as there are a lot of great people with great ideas and willing to help with almost anything.

Razzman
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
NOW your cookin' Robert! Just kidding with ya, initiation and all 'ya know! :p
Welcome and hang around. :D

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Seeeeeeeeee?? I told you he was clever! I think I'm going to take him under my wing -- course I don't have a wing so that leaves him right there in my armpit. At least it's warm.

Razzman
08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
At least it's warm.

That's because your standing next to your BBQ. :p:cool:

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Can you see me or something? I have the laptop sitting right next to the grill and I'm sipping a cold one right now. . . . What? Wake up? . . . Oh! . . . Sure thing, boss. Just a power nap.

Sled491
08-06-2008, 08:05 PM
OMG, this gets worse every time!

cab13367
08-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Help I am the new owner of a 2002 Mobius LSV and I don't have a place to hang my Magma BBQ, i like to do it in the bow to keep away from the engine and gas tank. On my old boat I had a bracket on the bow grab rail. My new boat does not have grab rails one the gunnel in the bow they are on the interior panel. I am thinking of adding bow rails similar to the newer Outbacks but I need to know the length and if the are straight or if they curve with the curve of the bow. Can't go out without the BBQ otherwise the wife will want to go back to the sterndrive, Ha-Ha.

Robert,

Does your LSV have a tower? If so, here you go!

http://www.boardbag.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=147

http://www.boardbag.com/shop/images/wake_caddy_bbq_500.jpg

cab13367
08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
And it even doubles as a flag holder!

http://www.boardbag.com/shop/images/wake_caddy_flag_500.jpg

brain_rinse
08-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow, that's some impressive engineering on the tower mounted bbq...

kaneboats
03-10-2012, 12:54 AM
The mention of the Grillobius patented as far as I know by our own Robert J had me searching old posts to see how far back that idea went. It led to this thread so I thought I'd resurrect it to make the rest of you suffer along with me.

Anyway, the pic posted by Al in post #36 above got me wondering. Do you cook in that thing or put young Kal El in there and send him off before the planet explodes?

KSmith
03-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Wow, that is quite a setup. But it does make one go Hmmmm...