PDA

View Full Version : Outback V or LSV

Bluepilot
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Well I bought the wrong boat last year (2007 outback DD). The salesman said it would be a great "Do it all Boat". NOT. It is a great ski boat with one driver in it. My One son skis and the other wakeboards. With the ballast full and 7 people in it still isnt as good as lsv or outback v I just tried out this week. But Im hav'n real trouble picking between the v and lsv wakes are real similar and the v has a better ski wake with our family in it then my DD. Also 8,000 dollars more for a lsv. Can a v put out a rockn wake??? What should I buy?? I have money down on both boats and need to choose. I've been pondering it for days wife says this your last boat I just laughed!

jetpilot
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I have an outback v with grav 3 ballast and the wakeplate. My buddy has a san210, he says our wakes are very similar in peaky and walliness. His is a lil bigger but with all my ballast filled and 4 peeps with the plate all the way up.....my wake is kickin. So far all my boys love it. This is comparin between a san210 team , a vlx wakesetter, and a 02 malibu wakesetter. No complaints here n u save a ton a money......4 gas hahahaha. I also have an extra 700 sack i keep handy for surfin or jus makin the wake bigger. Absolutely lovin it.

zegm
08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
My wife and I ski down the slalom course and we just sold our very old MasterCraft 190 not because it there was anything wrong with it but we needed and wanted more room. Also, my son and wife are now wakeboarding too, so after visiting our dealer we decided on the Outback V but people on this board said "Look at the LS" (never looked at one at the dealership)! So I started to look at the LS at the Atlanta Boat Show. Same exact hull as the LSV but DD, so wow we can ski and wakeboard and didn't have to order any options! Now for the important part, if you price both boats out you will find out that you get a much bigger, roomier boat (LS) that will allow you to ski and wakeboard (read wakeboard magazines review) and it cost me less than the Outback V because it is a Mobius and comes with the tower and other options standard. It is the BEST compromise/crossover boat Moomba makes for the families that want to do both. So we ordered our LS and we LOVE IT!!!! One other thing, we ordered the Z-Cargo Bimini Top and it is Fantastic, you cannot get one in the Outback V. It is the best "option" we ordered with the boat!

deafgoose
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
The LSV is only $3500 more then the OBV.

The LSV has standard options that would be extra's on the OBV so they are only $3500 apart.

LSV wins has down.

Sled491
08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Dude, if you feel that an Outback V loaded has a better ski wake than an Outback DD you may have issues. There is no way, and that is why the Outback DD is the only AWSA certified boat in Moombas lineup.

With that bit of criticism out of the way, and I apologize if I offend you should consider Z's advice. He too was sold on an Outback V, but sorry to say the Outback V is miles behind the LSV. Other than they both are V drives they have very different hulls. If your undecided as to what your family is going to be (boarders or skiiers) then go with the Mobius LS, if your going the boarder route then the LSV is the investment you want to make.

gcombe74
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
The LSV is only $3500 more then the OBV.

The LSV has standard options that would be extra's on the OBV so they are only $3500 apart.

LSV wins has down.

Ditto on that goose... when you price match with all the options its the better buy. That is why I went with an LSV.

jmvotto
08-05-2008, 08:03 AM
We love our OBV for many reasons. One it is a great crossover boat with plenty of room. Good ski wake with wake plate, better than lsv, not nearly as good as OB DD probably equal to LS. For wake boarding the wake is good enough for the beginner to intermediate, depending how you load it, LSV and XLV better for boarding and surfing. we looked hard at the LS vs the OBV like Z did , my wife had her heart set on the V drive, guess who won. the LS was very nice, brittany blue like Z's but we really liked the storage in the rear of the v drive, I had a hard time buying the 13ppl capacity of the LS. especially if you ski from the pylon you lose the back seats. one knock of the OBV is that the boat is shallow in the interior, but coming from and OB DD not a huge difference. Also there was a limited amount of inventory last fall on special :p

Bluepilot
08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Im comparing the wake with family in the boat. With 4 people in the boat and gear the v drive outback has less of a wake. Take the gear and people out and yes no contest. DD wins hands down.

aerophoto
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
When we bought this year we looked at room for people and slalom as that is where I do most My daughter is just starting to wake board and we just bought a wake surf board We went with the LS as it has a great wake for skiing and with the gravity III we can board and surf It was three days of research and working with the sales people before we finally ordered our boat and I could not be happier with our choice.

Sled491
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Bluepilot, I run with a family of 5 every time out, and sometimes guests. I'm a tourney leverl skiier, I don't know what else to say.

Bluepilot
08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Interesting well my kid is actually the one complaining he is a good skier not pro tho and his speed is 30mph to 32 He says the v was less wake (flatter) but felt choppy, he said just his opinion. I kneeboard so I have no opinion lol.

Sled491
08-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Well this debate is pointless anyway. You want a bigger boat! I say the best compromise is the LS. Interior is bigger and boat is bigger than the Outback V, and comes with more standard options making it a better deal. The Outback V is a nice floor plan but I think you'll like the larger LS. The Outback V is only 2 inches bigger than the Outback, while the LS is a full foot longer, plus has taller freeboard, and is slightly wider.