PDA

View Full Version : First tournament

helix_rider
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM
I rode in my first tournament yesterday! Seeing as how all I do are grabs and 180s there was nothing amazing in my run, but I still had a blast and surprised myself by riding as well as I do when I'm out just having fun. I was nervous before I started, but once I hit the first wake it was game on, stuck all my tricks except switch TS 180...and I rode away, just lost the handle...doh. At the end of the day they threw me 1st place and I get to throw a plaque up on the wall at work to impress all my students :) Just wanted to share my stoke (if a 34 yr old can use that word) and encourage all you other guys/girls out there who haven't ridden a tournament to get on it!

Hootreville
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Nice pics.!!! Congrats. I have been thinking about getting in one of the local tournaments around here, maybe I will now. What did they pull you with???? I would think adjusting to a new boat and wake with some jitters would make it even more difficult.

helix_rider
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Hmmm, that's funny, I rode in the boat all day taking photographs and I don't know what the boat was. I know it was a Malibu, pretty sure it was a VLX. They didn't use the wedge, as almost all the riders universally didn't want it. They just had the ballast full. It was similar in shape to my LSV when it is fully weighted + peeps and I have the wakeplate 1/2 up. I would definitely go ride, it has encouraged me to learn some new tricks so I can advance to the next level at the next tournament (so I ordered Murrays' Detention 2012). We'll see how much a DVD can do :)

jetpilot
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Congrats man! Way to step it up. Shreddd!
________
girlfriend pictures (http://girlfriendpics.org)

ian ashton
08-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Very cool. Congrats, and post up more pics!

helix_rider
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay Ian, just for you I posted 1500 pictures...lol I'm going to go through and edit several hundred for cropping, straightening, exposure, etc, but thought I'd let all the riders see all the pics, then wait for the good ones to get edited. Here they are, 40 pages of them. If you want to see more advanced riders, look at the 'late' pages (probably page 25 and later).

barnhurst.dotphoto.com

Appleknocker
08-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey Hoot you might be getting to old for a tourny these days, you better just stick to Sunset lake.

Just ribbing you, We are headed up North this weekend and we will also be up there for Labor Day weekend. We should get together sometime and head over to Fremont. At the dealership where I bought my boat they have a tourny just about every other Wednesday.

jmvotto
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Helix,

great job on the tourney, nice pics as well on the site all 1500. Where are the life vests, they let you ride without them.

and no "stoke" after 22 unless you live in spicolli's van LOL ( just dated myself, dang it):p

helix_rider
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
With regards to the life vests...not sure what you are talking about unless it was me and that one other guy. I had the wakeworld jersey on 'over' my lifevest, and that guy riding Expert had a white t-shirt on over his life vest, but other than that I thought everyone had them on?! I definitely do not ride without a vest, tourney or not.

jmvotto
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
must have ben the shirts that threw me for a loop... good to know your a safe..