PDA

View Full Version : MasterMind's 08 Outback

MasterMind3002
08-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Here are some pictures of our 2008 Outback pulling Ski Team jump practice! The 4 man team is our featured jump act. The other jumper is my 13 year old son Wyatt. He is a Jr Jumper on the team.

MasterMind3002
08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Heres a couple more........I'm hoping to get my hands on some pics of the Outback pulling the teams pyamid teams. We have a Jr Pyramid and then our Finale Pyramid.

Mrs. Kane
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Too, cool! Thanks for posting.

deerfield
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
MasterMind - According to mapquest there are several lakes in the area around Leesburg, Indiana. What lake are you on? What is the name of your team? Is there such a thing as a starter jump that is small? Kinda like with winter ski jumping, which has several different sizes. All I have ever seen in the water is the one size and find it hard to imagine a first timer or kid trying to learn on that thing. We ski on Make Mary in the town of Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. The local ski show team is called the Aquanuts. Guess we should take in the show. I hear its pretty good. Thanks for the pics. - Deerfield

MasterMind3002
08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks Mrs Kane :o)

deerfield, we ski on Lake Webster in North Webster, Indiana. The name of our club is The Webster Ski Bees. www.websterskibees.com You can see more pics and find out more about our club at our website. The club was started in 1955 and has performed shows on the lake every year. Believe it or not, card holder number one (one of the original Ski Bees) still drives for the club. We presented him with a 50 year plaque 3 seasons ago.

Yes, many clubs have a smaller or starter jump. I think they are 3' high instead of the normal 5'. All of our club members have learned on the standard size ramp.........no gutz, no glory. Like my brother says "chicks dig bruises" :o)

Thanks for looking

jikemones
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
When learning to jump be sure you have the right equipment and a good instructor. Someone who can not only see what you are doing wrong but also know how to instruct you to correct it.

Pain is temporary
Bones heal
Chicks dig scars
Glory is forever!

05 Supra Launch 21
loaded, 340 hp

MasterMind3002
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Never trust a guy who drives a Supra when they could have a Moomba! LOL!

jikemones
02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I drive a Moomba now! LOL

kaneboats
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Glad to hear it!

phospher
07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Cool pics. Yes, the Twin Lakes Aquanuts are also using Moomba Outbacks. They have two of them. I believe they started using these in 2009. I've spoken to people who are part of the team and one guy who actually drives them in the shows on occasion and they have been very happy with the boats. The only complaint they told me about was that every once in a while they will hit the kill switch on the side of the seat. This happened to one of the drivers while performing a 360 around the boat. Also, they have snap in bow covers to keep from burying the nose during acts. I would love to see more pics of Moomba Outbacks towing ski shows.

skiyaker
07-20-2011, 09:11 PM
awesome man I'll have to come up and see you- my neighbor has a place on webster! Fun lake!