PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outback - new photos from vacation!

Odie
08-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey all,

well we've had the boat now for 3 months, we're at 54 hrs and counting, and we've been really careful to keep it looking brand new! figured id post some almost 'promotional' photos of er', hope Skiers Choice doesnt steal them... :) excuse the size :S

http://i35.tinypic.com/jzw2lh.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/2363dl.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ivnuxe.jpg

hope you enjoyed! comments welcome!
Ryan

wolfeman131
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Awesome pics! They certainly would look good in the brochure. Looks like a beautiful place to enjoy your new boat.

Sled491
08-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Love that new Moomba decal, much nicer than my 07 block logo. What lake is that? I assume somewhere in Ont.

deafgoose
08-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Love that new Moomba decal, much nicer than my 07 block logo. What lake is that? I assume somewhere in Ont.

If he lives in Milton he is very close to Lake Ontario.

slacker
08-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Nice boat!! Lake looks nice too (good and calm) - sure you get some quality skiing / boarding in there!

tazz3069
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Nice looking boat. The new decal really sets off that boat. I really like it.

Odie
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
If he lives in Milton he is very close to Lake Ontario.

--- while the above statement is true, :) the picture was taken at our cottage lake. Papineau Lake about 25 mins north of Bancroft. we chose it 6 yrs ago because we are mostly able to defeat the Muskoka traffic crowds, and we enjoy the small lake small cottage population.

water is typically pretty flat, however the crazy weather this year has caused some large white caps at times... that being said, we've had lots of time behind the new boat, and we love it!

Sled491
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks, I'm just wondering where all the NW Ontario people are at?

Kidder
08-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Very nice. Now...for some constructive criticism...please get custom decals made for your registration. :-D

Odie
08-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Very nice. Now...for some constructive criticism...please get custom decals made for your registration. :-D

--- im with you 100% kidder, they were never done right from the dealer, but oh well its not high on the priority list this season, but before next, guaranteed. :)

Ryan

voutback
08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Nice photos Ryan. Makes me miss Ontario summers. Grew up in Chelsea but visited a lot of lakes within a few hours of Ottawa. Ontario lakes are awesome in the summer once they have warmed up. It's gonna break your heart to put it into winter storage!

Now I have a longer boating season down in Texas but the summers are pretty darn hot! Live on a small lake down here so every weekend is a quick getaway. Some larger lakes closeby but they are kinda busy.

Cheers,

Voutback

--------------
2008 Outback V

Odie
08-07-2008, 09:07 AM
VOutback,

very true, the lakes are gorgeous, however slow to come up to temp. this year we've reached 75 for maybe a week, right now we're hovering around 70 again. cold, but totally worth it when you can see the bottom at 30 feet. crystal clear, and clean water. and yes, im sure it will hurt when the boat goes to storage... we're hoping to drag it out this year until almost November (dedication!) in cold Canadian water!

howd you get down south to Texas?

R

voutback
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
hey Ryan,

You are really dedicated! I remember the "shock" of swimming in Ontario lakes in the Spring - even with a wetsuit. I used to throw my sports car into winter storage typically well before November rolled around. I have heard that this summer has been somewhat wet up there.

In terms of getting down to Texas, here is the short version:
Ottawa->Phoenix->San Diego->San Francisco->Houston. Should have stopped at San Diego - really sweet weather there when you're close to the coastline. I have 3 small kids now so family activities dominate. Fortunately boating is one of them.

Voutback

Odie
08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
V,

'somewhat wet up there' ---> UNDERSTATEMENT!
i travel as a salesman for a living, and i kid you not, the rain i have seen in the past three weeks has been just mental... it can go from beautiful and sunny to absolutely pouring in a blink. just two days ago, where i live, we got the entire monthly rainfall for August in 2 hrs! 2hrs!!!

the cottage is doing better, however it seems even on sunny days we're getting rain! i was chatting with a lady in the cottage supermarket from town and she remarked that she thought there had been less than a handful of days this summer where it HADN'T rained at least once in a 24 hr period.

bizarre weather. id love to move south, am always watching for job opps in the US, know of any? :)

R

voutback
08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
R,

We have the reverse problem in Houston. The summer is too hot so you cannot go out on the lake the whole day. Rarely are there any days that the rain prevents you from getting out. We usually head out for a while then stop and cool down with a swim. If you are out for the whole day you had better pack the 50 spf or just hang in the shade. Lots of refreshments required...

I am looking forward to later September and October. Should be ideal weather for heading out on the water.

Lots of tech jobs in the SF bay area - high cost of living though. Houston is growing quite a bit and the cost of living here is quite reasonable. Of course you don't have the California beaches right closeby... There is the Gulf of Mexico however. Corpus Christi, Padre Island,...., so still places to go.

I originally got head hunted down to Arizona and then decided to do my own job searching from then onwards.

Voutback