PDA

View Full Version : Question about the XLV?

tazz3069
08-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Right now I own an 07' LSV. I bouth if for my Wife, Son, and I. It is a great boat for us. We met a few new friends along the way. Now my boat is too small for everybody to fit. About a month ago, I had a full boat and tried wakeboarding. Boy was it hard to get to speed. I changed the prop and that helped. I love the boat because I can ski behind it and feel great. I can fill the bags and have a great time wakeboarding. My question is, " Those of you who own an XLV, how is the wake behind it to ski?" I am a pretty advanced skiier and love it. My son and friends are awesome in wakeboarding. I love my boat but just need something bigger.

billstephenson
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I switched this spring to an XLV for the same reason, wanted more space and has it ever come in handy. It is amazing the difference between the two, and more important to me is how it sits and handles in the water. It sits so much higher, rough water or large rollers are no longer an issue.

As for the ski wake, i have to say unfortunately it is bigger than the LSV. An advanced skier may not have an issue, but it does present a challange. You will have to ride behind one before you make the decision.

Outside the ski wake, the investment is well worth it.......

SoTX
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I switched this spring to an XLV for the same reason, wanted more space and has it ever come in handy. It is amazing the difference between the two, and more important to me is how it sits and handles in the water. It sits so much higher, rough water or large rollers are no longer an issue.

As for the ski wake, i have to say unfortunately it is bigger than the LSV. An advanced skier may not have an issue, but it does present a challange. You will have to ride behind one before you make the decision.

Outside the ski wake, the investment is well worth it.......

My thoughts exactly

tazz3069
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I think I know what I need to do. It is either going to be the XLV or the Supra 22SSV. I want to wait to see the changes that 09' has for these boats.
Tazz

Moomba XLV GG 2007
08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
XLV is definitevely a wakeboarding boat....not so for skiing.