PDA

View Full Version : New boat cost?

YZThump
10-30-2003, 10:22 AM
I hope this isn't considered in bad taste, but what have you guys paid for a new Moomba figured as a percentage of MSRP? (leave out sales tax) I've heard that 12-15% off MSRP on other manufacturers is a great deal, but not sure if Moomba discounts that heavily. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on my first boat, pretty much decided on Moomba, and want to get a decent deal. Thanks.

wakeboard dad
10-30-2003, 11:20 AM
I don't think you can get a BAD deal on a Moomba. Talk about value! Bang for the Buck! Whatever cliche you want to use Moomba's are the best buy in the market.

I think my new Mobius was about 12% off MSRP but I don't have the numbers right here in front of me, it might have been slightly lower.

Remember, the others you are considering, except Moomba or Supra, are so over priced to begin with that discounting MSRP by 12-15% still doesn't compare with Skiers Choice and the value you get.

Buy Moomba - you won't be diappointed!

Livindadream
10-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I had made a local dealer an offer of -15% on a closeout '03 Mobius, and he accepted it. Fortunately, I stumbled on an '02 with 21 hours for an even better deal, so I jumped on it. Right now, dealers need to get rid of the 03's, so if you are not dead set on an 04 there are great deals to be had, and no offer is a bad offer.

Catdog1
10-30-2003, 06:37 PM
I bought the 99 outback at list, $21,995. The dealer added a bimini, a skylon, and a pair of connelly wide combos.

Haven't regretted it, though might could have gotten 5 or 6% off.

Boat was the stripped, low-end model, assumeably with lower profit margin.

Love the boat. Never looked back on the deal. It was, in retrospect, the least expensive way for me to own a new ski boat. Am happy with it all.