PDA

View Full Version : 12" Sub in OB V

dtlaine
08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Just a heads-up to anyone that's considering a 12" sub to go under the glove box in an OB V that it will likely not fit. I tried putting a 12" Kicker under there today, and it will not go in any direction.

With that said, does anyone have a recommendations for a sub that fits under there? I'm thinking a 10" will fit, but I'm interested pictures and/or descriptions of anyone that currently has one.

Thanks.

byronkoz
08-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I have 2 12's in mine, one under the dash and one in the storage compartment. To get the 12 to fit in the storage compartement I cut the box in half and hinged it, then when I got the box in the compartement I folded it back together and installed the sub in it. Worked great and its really the only way I think you'll get a 12 in there?

c.rix
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I also have 2 12's in my boat I made my box longer instead of being square it works great and sounds great also I do wish I had more storage room though so I want to re work both of my boxes over the winter.

dtlaine
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't think that the storage area is all that small, but because the door behind the spotter seat opens horizontally instead of vertically, it's just tough to fit anything in there. Where did you guys mount your amps? I have mine under the glove box on that structural part, but I'm not sure I want to keep them there for good.

Thanks for the help.

c.rix
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
My sub box is like 30x13x8 it goes from the back of the front storage to the brace thing that you mounted your amp to. But I made a plate to mount the amps to on the side toward the door. I was able to slide the box in there it is tight and I had to take the battery out for it to make it fit inside.

dtlaine
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't want to have to move my battery. I have a friend w/ a 10" Kenwood in his boat, and he wants a 12" sub. I may trade w/ him if his fits in my boat. There is quite a bit of room between the back of the bow seats and the brace. I hope it fits in there.

c.rix
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I only had to move it to get the box in there and then put it back in its original position once mounted up

byronkoz
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
The storage compartment is plenty big to fit everything fine imo. I have 3 batteries, switch, sub and sub amp mounted in there. My other 2 amps are mounted on the drivers side.