PDA

View Full Version : Save the surfer

aintskeered
08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
This might have been explained at some point but I have not ran accross it. I thought I would pass on my limited knowlage. My honey is getting pretty good at the surfing thing and now is starting to get a little daring in the surf pocket.....Makes more wrecks.

I have started turning the boat twards the rider about 20 degrees WHEN she gets too far back and about to let the wave pass her buy(paddeling with your hands dose not help! I've already tryed that).

This has let her acctually catch the wave and get back on top of it. At which point straighten out the boat. Of coarse only if the area is clear. Any one else tryed this or have any tricks that they have stumbled onto?

04OUTBACK
08-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Yes
works pretty good.. also if the driver slows a bit it will push you back in.
we surfed with a co worker last weekend who used to live in Orlando and surfed all the time.. he showed us the trick of turning into the wave to save the ride.
last night, we were surfin at sunset and I was about to lose the wave and my friend who was drivin throttled down for a sec and it got me back in. throttle just enough that PP lets off and then get back in it.
We had a great surf last night at sunset!
My longest free ride ever!