PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard pics finally

jmvotto
08-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Finally got some pics of the driver actually boarding, Finally got the W2W with a loaded line, what a difference, need more practice still:D

up , face plant:p, w2w:D

sorry about the orientation

Kidder
08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Fixed for you.

helix_rider
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Looks good. Couple of questions/comments for you in a 'help each other out' fashion.

#1. I can't tell for sure from the pics, but it looks like your wake might be 'washed out' a bit. Is it nice and clean where you hit the wake? I know for me it makes a big difference in getting air.

#2. Extend those legs! :) You are losing so much energy by sucking it up at the wake. I'll bet you know the theory, but like me, theory in head doesn't always equal performance on the lake. I can walk you through every single detail of a backrolll, but as soon as I'm upside down, my eyes close and I lock up and wait for the crash of the water :)

Keep it up!

spyder
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
lose the skier grip as well ;)

and yeah, keep those legs straight and pop off that wake.

jmvotto
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Helix,spyder,
thanks for the tips, I need them, the boat was full of some adults and kids, just wanted my turn so I did not equally arrange the boat( wash out).

I am a skier an now a boarder (not a good one)Just started, and I will try to change my grip if it will help.

I have to learn to stand up tall at the wake, i hit a better one (not caught on film) in which i could really feel the pop, but being a slalom skier and a mogul snow skier( both recreational) i tend to absorb the shocks. I need to prcatice but the driver does not seem to get his share of runs.

thx

kaneboats
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
A couple of those pics and the thing about the driver missing every other turn seem very familiar. I hope you're remembering to have fun!!

ian ashton
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I've forced everyone that comes near the boat to learn how to pull me, lol;

"Pull me up slow, as long as the boat is moving I'll get up. When the speedo says 18-22 flick this switch, and drive as straight as possible. When I fall turn the switch 'Off' and idle back to get me."