PDA

View Full Version : Really no Manual just for the boat?

tjramsey
10-30-2003, 12:42 AM
I just bought a new 2003 Kamberra. I'm kind of a nerd about reading owner's manuals. This is my first new boat and I was suprised to not have a general boat manual besides the Transmission and Engine manuals. Is this unusual?

Taking her out for a first ride (besides the short test drive) on Saturday (fingers crossed that the weather holds.) Woo Hoo!

Catdog1
10-30-2003, 06:29 PM
I felt the same way back in 99.

Maybe this is one of the reasons skiers choice can maintain low prices on the moomba's.

I've been happier lately, after finding this message board, which really helps me find / fix problems with the boat.

Actually, given the choice, the message board would be my choice over the manual.

I do wish that skiers choice would give us some access to the dealer portion of this website, though. Lots of good info there.

But, most importantly, congrats on the new boat. These moombas are really good boats.

dburroug
10-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Just had my 2000 Mobius V fixed. They hade to cut holes in the floor to get to the brackets and reglass the floor when done. $3900 repair bill but the swim platform is solid as hell now.

Brian Raymond
11-02-2003, 11:31 PM
You should have received a manual from the dealer along with your eng. and tranny one in your packet at delivery. Contact them for one, there is alot of info. in there that you should know.Brian Raymond

tjramsey
11-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Am I understanding you right Brian, there is a Moomba specific manual, not just the Indmar and transmission (and trailer) manuals? I asked my dealer at the time and he said there was not; but if there is supposed to be, perhaps I need to call skiers choice. (I'm thinking that boat has been at the dealer's for a while, so who knows, maybe they just lost it.)

Brian Raymond
11-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Contact Anthony Cooper ([email protected]), he should be able to hook you up with an owners manual. Brian Raymond

rickmcd59
11-15-2003, 03:44 AM
There is definitely a manual for the boat itself apart from the 2 manuals you mention. I received one when I purchased my Kamberra. Like Brian said you can obtain one from Skiers Choice. It has lots of good information in it.

Doesn't say much for your selling dealer, does it?

11-15-2003, 03:00 PM
I'll be generous and chalk it up as an honest mistake. After all, I just can't picture my dealer sitting around with a stack of manuals he witheld from customers laughing like a James Bond villian at the fools he has duped..... Well, actually I can imagine it, but that's just rediculous, so I'll stick with the honest mistake idea. ;)

Thanks Brian for the referral, Anthony is sending me a manual for an 02, so one year off for a boat that underwent basically no changes is fine by me.

Rick, How do you like your boat? We've only gotten out on the water once, but I can tell I'm going to love it...... as are my wife and dog. (Hope for sun next weekend so I can finish the break in before winterizing.... we're in a particularly unpredictible part of year in central Texas, but I'm thinking good thoughts.

tjramsey
11-15-2003, 03:05 PM
I'll be generous and chalk it up as an honest mistake. After all, I just can't picture my dealer sitting around with a stack of manuals he witheld from customers laughing like a James Bond villian at the fools he has duped..... Well, actually I can imagine it, but that's just rediculous, so I'll stick with the honest mistake idea. ;)

Thanks Brian for the referral, Anthony is sending me a manual for an 02, so one year off for a boat that underwent basically no changes is fine by me.

Rick, How do you like your boat? We've only gotten out on the water once, but I can tell I'm going to love it...... as are my wife and dog. (Hope for sun next weekend so I can finish the break in before winterizing.... we're in a particularly unpredictible part of year in central Texas, but I'm thinking good thoughts.

rickmcd59
11-20-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi T. J.
Actually I have an '01 Kamberra (Walkabout). Really like the walk thru ability of this boat for skiers and wakeboarders. No need to climb over the back engine compartment. Only way to go. Really like my Kamberra and no problems to speak of with the boat. Recommend you take a look at the "Winterizing" note (one posting prior to this one). It'll save you a couple hundred dollars over having your dealer do it. If you can keep your boat in your garage you may be able to bypass winterizing at all. I live in Houston and it only freezes one or two times a year here and only for a few hours at a time so I keep my boat in my heated garage over the winter and am O. K. I feel confident you will enjoy your Kamberra. Its tough to change the oil filter though - basically because it tough to access.

tjramsey
11-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Yea, I've read the winterizing tips, and will follow them mostly. I keep it in a climate controlled dry stack at a marina. They don't guarantee it won't freezi inside, but they do have heaters designed for airplane hangars, and it hasn't frozen for the 3 years I've been a tennant. I might do a full winterizing for late Dec into January, then just drain all the water when we take it out on one of those great February warm spells that always seem to happen around here.

The walk through was the one feature that made me think a couple of years ago: "I think when we are ready for a new boat, the Kamberra is the front runner." Sure is easier to get in an out of compared to my 1970 correct craft with two ladder steps way up high :) At times I'm sure I'll miss that old boat when I sell it...... but the Kamberra is working out great so far.
Thanks for the comments.

P.S. I'm happy to say I got the manual, and was happy to note that they billed the shipping to my dealer; seems fair enough to me.
T.J.