PDA

View Full Version : Walk thru

gcombe74
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok... so i have been searching for walkthru and windblock.. only one thread on the matter from 05 that I could find... and a guy had some pics in his profile on it.. but not there anymore... anyone thats active out there have a walkthru wind block or some photos ... going to make one given that sept and oct here can get a tad cold, just figured I would get some ideas or avoid any hassles on this one...

found this on google.. but some pics would have been nice ???:rolleyes:
http://www.wakesiderides.com/moomba/viewArticle.php?id=145

yearround
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
given that sept and oct here can get a tad cold, just figured I would get some ideas or avoid any hassles on this one...

i agree pics would be nice. we usually leave the bow cover on in the winter. i too am interested in getting a walk though cover, keeps the wind down in the cockpit at other times. i was in the process of buiidng one for our old boat, but we upgraded to the LSV, i haven't got into this project yet.

zabooda
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
I figured if it is cold enough to cover the walk thru then it is too cold for someone to sit up front so I use the bow cover. We got caught in a rain storm on my last camping trip and I had three kids under the bow cover with the heater on to stay dry and warm. I just pretend it's a closed bow boat.

Sled491
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm with Zabooda on this. But if you don't like that answer, my buddy has an 06 outback with the windblock. There is nothing more to it than 3 snaps down each side of the walk through and a rectangle piece of vinyl with three female snaps and thats it. Oh ya there are 3 snaps accross the bottom of the center windshield section. I did notice that the vinyl pc was some how insulated but I don't see how that would be all that important.

jmvotto
08-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Ditto, with Sled and Zabooda, except mine is made from the matching canvas color of the cockpit covers. Not insulated though, used it last night, works great.

I will show pics when i get i can.
mine was about 50.00 from my dealer custom canvas shop.
:D

ian ashton
08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Ditto, with Sled and Zabooda, except mine is made from the matching canvas color of the cockpit covers. Not insulated though, used it last night, works great.

I will show pics when i get i can.
mine was about 50.00 from my dealer custom canvas shop.
:D

I really want to get a "platinum" bow cover to make the boat look like a closed bow. I'd say I leave the bow cover on about 85% of the time we are on the boat. Only really take it off when we anchor at the sand bar :)

Sled491
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Funny I was thinking of getting a yellow one made to give my boat more color.

jmvotto
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM
here are the pics of the canvas wind blocker,
three snaps acroos the top to the walk thru window, three down each side toward the ski locker , none on the floor. works great. easy fix for cold days and cool nights.