PDA

View Full Version : Mooring cover

deafgoose
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I have the cockpit & tonneau cover but it does not work very well. When it rains water gets in everywhere and the carpet under the seats stay wet.

I called my moomba dealer and they quoted me $700 for the cover.

Does that sound right?

deerfield
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Deaf - I paid $495 for the black Moomba logo canvas mooring cover when we ordered our Outback at the 2007 Chicago boat show. It keeps the boat clean and dry. I take it off when we tralier the boat. - Deerfield

deafgoose
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Deaf - I paid $495 for the black Moomba logo canvas mooring cover when we ordered our Outback at the 2007 Chicago boat show. It keeps the boat clean and dry. I take it off when we tralier the boat. - Deerfield

Canadians are getting screwed. :mad:

Sled491
07-31-2008, 09:14 PM
DG, just drive accorss the border and get one. Did the 700 include the 2 taxes? If not then you really are getting screwed!

deafgoose
07-31-2008, 10:58 PM
DG, just drive accorss the border and get one. Did the 700 include the 2 taxes? If not then you really are getting screwed!

That price does not include the 13% tax or shipping because I am 300km away from my dealer.

Sled491
07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Well, I'm going up to my mon and dads for labour day. They live in Thunder Bay. I have a sister just outside of Ottawa. I could get my dealer get one for you and I'll bring it up and then send it out from there. Not sure if that will save you money or not, but it might.

deafgoose
07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, I'm going up to my mon and dads for labour day. They live in Thunder Bay. I have a sister just outside of Ottawa. I could get my dealer get one for you and I'll bring it up and then send it out from there. Not sure if that will save you money or not, but it might.

Wow that is one fantastic offer but I will need one very soon. I cant keep the carpets wet like that too long.

Maybe I can take you out for a ride on my boat when you are here. :)

Sled491
07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
DG I would definately take you up on the offer as long as it included a surf, but not realistic as T bay is like an 18 hr drive from Ottawa. Although I do sometimes take jobs in the Toronto area. Non the less, if you want me to put it together give me a part # and PM you address and we can work on making this work for you.

wolfeman131
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
DG,

Picked up my OBV from dealer today after getting 20hr service. Mooring cover is $550, but I want too so I'm trying to get 2 for $1,000. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and close the deal. I'll use my FedEx # and ship to you. Send me a PM and we can work out payment details.

Drew

deafgoose
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Do you take credit card? lol

wolfeman131
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
sure, you could send payment to my PayPal account

steve wolf
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
2007 Mobius LS

Floor is always soaked after rain in front of and under observer seat and behind driver seat. The cockpit cover is not nearly tight enough around the tower mounts. Usually takes 3-4 beach towels to soak up the water. Then I have to uncover and let it sit out in sun for a couple days to dry the carpet and under the seats. The design is really bad.

try the plastic grocery store bags by wrapping around the tower and shingling up under the cover. It is a real pain but helps the situation slightly.

I also get major leakage where the front and back covers meet in front of windsheild.

spyder
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Canadians are getting screwed. :mad:
what else is new? Living in Canada blows for buying any specialized that you can't find in a Walmart.

spyder
08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow that is one fantastic offer but I will need one very soon. I cant keep the carpets wet like that too long.

Maybe I can take you out for a ride on my boat when you are here. :)

BTW, I have a cover, and it has 3 poles and my carpets are still always soaked.

deafgoose
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
BTW, I have a cover, and it has 3 poles and my carpets are still always soaked.

Are you saying the mooring cover is no better than the snap down covers?

spyder
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Are you saying the mooring cover is no better than the snap down covers?

I don't have a snap down, but I am saying the Mooring one pockets water in places and once it looses its complete waterproof ability it drips into the boat..

deafgoose
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't have a snap down, but I am saying the Mooring one pockets water in places and once it looses its complete waterproof ability it drips into the boat..

That's an easy fix.

Pick up a spray can of 3M scotchguard.