PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Bummer

Sled491
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
So, we spent the day at the Chicago Jamboree saturday and had a blast, thanks Chris. Sunday my wife wasn't feeling so good so I went to the island house with my son to do some work on the house and put the baot back on the lift.

So Monday is 89 degrees and I'm done work early. So the wife says she's feeling better and we head out for a late ski before I have to fly out Tuesday morning. I'm thinking all the weekend traffic will be gone and I'll have the lake to myself. Was I wrong! Three IO's with towers trying to wkaeboard, a MC barefooter pulling a knee boarder, some kind of Outboard idiot pulling a tuber, and no less than 5 PWC's. Every where we went to find flat water some one showed up. The kneeboarder was the worst. I know the girl driving and she has never shown any idea of how to share the water. The tuber was a day tripper that I have run into before as well, he uses our private launch and peirs like he knows some one.

In 4 ups I got to make about 6 turns. On the plus side my 8 yr old was able to make some real progress on his slalom, for this I am really thankful and thrilled. I got a surf in, and that was good, and the rest of the kids and there friends got to try out there new Tube they won at the Jamboree (should giving away tubes at the Jamboree be illegal?).

Still I wish I could have had some flat water. Maybe I'm just selfish?

jester
07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I guess the other boaters did not get the memo. That does suck. This is a good reason to become a teacher so you can go out no matter what day of the week it is during the summer. I know what you mean about tubes. The Oregon reunion also gave one away. What are they trying to do put more tubers out on the water or just something for me to tow my beer cooler with?

Sled491
07-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Tow my beer cooler, I like that :)

kaneboats
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Have you ever noticed that tube rides go on FOREVER? You'll see the same people tubing over and over again during rider after rider's turns. Maybe they should make them hold a handle when they tube. Yea! So the answer is to outlaw tube ropes.

I say this as a person that pulls one from time to time and also tows a "hotdog" the kids love. I like to think I am aware of other boaters and the water but sometimes it's just unavoidable. But I sure don't turn around and come back to mess up their water again (as happens to me every time I get in the water).

Most of them are not bad people -- they are just oblivious. Of course, if you said something to them they would get defensive and tell you to pi$s off. I don't know the answer except to make as many friends as you can and try to be subtle.

MrsZ
07-30-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree with making tubes illegal. We had a Big Bertha and finally the cover and handles started to disintegrate. I keep conveniently forgetting to buy another. I never bring it up. Luckily this year they have been more interested in other things and rarely even mention the tube.

One reason that I wanted the Zcargo was so we could have a place to put the monstrosity that I thought we would have to buy by now. Ssssh...Don’t say anything to da kids. ;-)