PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Storage?

wolfeman131
07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm looking for any pointers or suggestions on how I should store my trailer while the boat is on the lift. The Boatmate trailer cost more than my last boat and I'd like to keep it looking good and in good mechanical condition. I currently have the trailer parked at the lake house under some pine trees and used a jeck to put it up on blocks.

MasterMind3002
07-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I park mine inside wolfeman.

But if I didn't have a place to park it inside I would probably invest in one of those carports to keep the sun and weather off of it. I would make sure the tires rested on patio blocks or I would put down some limestone to park it on.

Just my 2 cents!

Sled491
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I put mine at our storage unit parked with our other trailers with no boats on them. I lower the jack stand all the way, other than that nothing special. Second summer like this, no issues or fading other than the pole guide covers. We stored our last boat trailer the same way for 8 yrs. Maybe I just funny like that?

zegm
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Wolfman,

We are going to try to visit you guys this weekend, provided we can get under the 441 bridge! Do you know the height above water there? I remember seeing pontoon boats lowering their bimini tops to go past. I guess we could lower our tower and it would make it. Just have never lowered the tower before and have read issues about people not being careful when they did it causing chipped gelcoats!
The quality of the paint on the trailer is such that I don't think there are any issues with it being outside. What is the problem is the pine tar from those trees! Maybe you could cover it with one of these blue tarps.

moombadaze
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Z, that tower is very easy to lower-my daughter helps me evertime, one thing if you have to do it on the water the black knobs do not float. what i do is have her on one side and me on the other, i just lift up the main part and lower my side piece(rear support leg) down onto a preplaced towel and and then lower the tower down. the tower rest's on the wakeboard racks--its very easy. I would recomend trying it on land 1st just so you know where everthing rests. I dont think Mrs.Z will want her boat scratched!

i just remember'd you've got the z-cargo bimini---that i dont know how to do-lower it with that. anybody else??

Sled491
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I believe you have to remove the Z Cargo 1st. But they are on quick pins, no?

wolfeman131
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Z,

I think the tower will have to drop to get under that bridge. Unlike Lanier, you know that Sinclair doesn't have a water issue. We've got the rad-a-cage tower and bimini, so I don't think it will be a big deal for us to get over there other than my wife hyperventilating!

Worst case, my girls and I will zip over on the sea-doo to introduce ourselves.

BensonWdby
07-31-2008, 08:02 AM
I park mine outside and have not had too much issue. I do cover all the tires. The spare tire cover is always on. The tires on the ground get the RV tire covers when stationary. I thought I should cover the bunkers but have not motivated to do that yet.

The biggest issue has been the no-skid surfaces on the fenders and the standing platform. The sun has ruined the adhesive and the no-ski is pretty much fallen off...