PDA

View Full Version : One Little Gripe

MasterMind3002
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I love my Outback..........I talk it up every chance I get. But I have noticed that the platform is getting louder and louder.........it rattles like crazy. I've shimmed it up with rubber but it still rattles a bit. It could't be from hundreds of people entering and exiting all summer...... LOL!

Has anyone found any method or product that can be used to reduce the rattling?

Thanks

kaneboats
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Hmmmm. Tough one. I might try some of that white lithium grease on there. I just put marine grease on mine b/c it was hard to get on and off. You might also check to see if the holes are worn enough so bigger pins will fit in them. If so, that should reduce the movement some.

Sled491
07-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Hmmm, that's interesting. I have 3 little monsters jumping off of mine all the time and that's not including there friends that show up. Maybe you can just do something to deaden the sound. Like one of those seadeck custom deck pads. Might help, just an idea.

MasterMind3002
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
LOL sled...........little monsters. My platform takes a beating. Sometimes during shows three or four skiers wll be entering or exiting the boat all at the same time. I'm sure thats a big contributer to the issue.

I'll check the holes.............thats a good idea. I hate to put grease in there......I don't want it getting on my platform and making it slippery.

I noticed tonight while footing that its much much much quieter with the wake plate set at medium to nose high. The wake plate must force water in a way that causes the vibration. I usually keep the nose jacked down to reduce the wake for skiing. The only time I run the nose up is during the show when I pull the wakeboarder acts and when we are barefooting on the boom to give the footer extra room to tumble up. Thanks for the suggestions.

aintskeered
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I took some cork tape and put it onto the V attach points of my platform. Droped the platform back into the slots. Tightend things up a lot, The pin holes still fit with stock pins and when it dose "rock" its cushioned and more of a bump insted of a bang!

MasterMind3002
07-30-2008, 11:05 PM
That's a good idea aintskeered.............where did you get your cork tape??

bobwells
07-31-2008, 06:44 AM
Just wk.end b-4 last , mine came completely loose on one side of the boat just barely hanging on !!! One of the pin holes had become so "wallowed" out it wore all the way thru ... b-4 next trip out I drilled some new holes and installed some new bolts with wing nuts, tightened her right back up... over time will probally have to replace brackets. this boat is 10 yrs old and has over 800 hrs...

Mrs. Kane
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
MasterMind,

I don't think you have your music on loud enough. : )

I remember reading another thread about platform issues. If I find it again I'll let you know. I remember that someone's platform came completly off and the thing floats. Which was nice to know.

Have a great day,

Mrs. Kane

moombadaze
07-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I think it was dtlaine's who found the platform floated--i could be wrong

aintskeered
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I got the cork tape out of the airplane repair drawer??? Yep probably was no help there.(sorry) I am wondering if you couldnt find a sheet of it somewhere and contact cement it on? The stuff I used is pretty thin keep that in mind when looking for a sheet. Used to be able to buy the sheets like gasket material.... NAPA/autoparts house. Perhaps a craft store. We use it between aluminum panels on the aircraft. When you take the platform off you will be able to tell where most of the bump is coming from!

kaneboats
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought he was going to say it helps the aircraft to float -- if that's the problem you may have another problem. Course, down south here we got guys that pilot airboats, right?

MasterMind3002
07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
LOL Mrs Kane! Your right..........I can't hear it with the volume up!! Who knew!

Sled491
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
From the mouths of babes, or is that babies? Ah you know what I mean.:)