PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Insurance ?

strickland7
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Is it likely that Progressive will cover a claim that bad weather blew a boat into a sandbar, which in turn sucked sand into system and burnt up exhaust? I just didn't know if it was worth trying to claim or not. My service guy told me it's about a 50/50 shot. Just curious if anyone had dealt with a Progressive boating claim before.

Thanks,
Kip

zegm
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I think they might say "didn't you notice the temperature gage going up?

You can and should always try! I mean we pay them to help us cover our accidents and this certainly was accidental.

MasterMind3002
07-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not being a smartass.............really. My wife happens to be an agent and one of her favorite sayings is "accidents and stupidity are covered". I say turn it in...........what can they do...........turn you down???

Good luck

04OUTBACK
07-28-2008, 09:48 PM
just like car accidents, I think if you told them you ran aground... pushed off and did not realized you had damaged your impeller and did not realize that...then the chain of events took place that fried everything...

I have progressive by have not filed any claims..

Go for it.. nothing to lose..!

zabooda
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Should be covered as I had a lower unit on an I/O rebuilt due to running aground. The mechanic needs to have the system laid out and explain to the insurance adjuster how it all happened.

strickland7
07-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Everything will be covered by my insurance and hopefully will be boating again by next weekend.

Lesson learned!

kaneboats
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Nothing like an "all risk" policy. If you look at the language it applies to everything except the things specifically excluded like damage while you rent your boat out to others or while it is being used for an organized race and stuff like that.