PDA

View Full Version : #*@## hole Malibu owners

davidl
07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Went to a great wake board compition this weekend at lake billy chinook here in Oregon, It was sponcered by a local malibu dealer. All was well until my 08 LSV pulled in and got alot of LOOKS even a few coments on the Z cargo rack, of course these were from centuriun-supra- ect.... then comes the B-52 owner with his Wake setter buddy telling us to take our cheap version of a boat to the other side of the show, needless to say my terrett syndrom kicked in and well you can guess the rest. What is up with this ego crap on the lakes? Are any of you out there seeing this?. Are they just pissed that they spent to much on a NAME.......O well just had to vent....Thanks

Hydrofoiljunky
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
A Holes are well Just Aholes, they are spread out all thru good ol America :-) We've ran into a few of them ego driven maniacs. Just tell them how nice there boat is and stroke their ego a little and they tend to go away. I don't quite understand the need for superiority on the lake. I believe and correct me if I'm wrong but, I'm pretty sure everyone goes to the lake to have a good time whether they are in a Frikin Canoe or a Frikin 80K Malibu or a Frikin Yacht. You can always win over people with Kindness. People like this think they have alot of friends where as this ego carries over to other parts of their personality and they get bashed over and over behind their backs. I see it all the time. I just don't understand why people can't be respectful of other people. For the most part I'm blessed to be in an area where most people treat others with some courtesy. I guess you could do what my wife does. She tells them " You seem like a very angry individual and offers them a hug??? They usually don't know what to say???????? Anyways, thanks for letting me vent too, you caught me on one of those days as well.

Peace Out

Chad

Reese350
07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Kill them with kindness. They will wise up someday...

zegm
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Well I have run into this for years. We had a MasterCraft but after a while it became on old MasterCraft and then we were "looked" down upon. Then we get this Moomba and everyone likes it except for the new Yellow MasterCraft X-14 owner on the lake. Finally he waves back to us because every weekend my kids and wife wave to them first. I have to tell myself that it is NOT about showing how much Money I have or don't have compared to others. I just know we are having fun and I didn't have to pay what he did to do it!

jkendall79
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree, it's just ego. Some people are born a holes and they probably will never change. Next time a Malibu owner gives you crap, ask him who makes the engine on his boat. Surprise surprise, it's Indmar, same as our Moomba's. So basically he paid an extra 30 to 40 grand for a name tag.

deafgoose
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Insecure people need to put somebody down in order to feel better about themselves.

Don't even worry about it. Everyone I meet locally (mc x45, mc x-star, malibu wakesetter) have all been really cool guys.

zegm
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
MrsZ just reminded me that (Ok we have been doing the inboard thing since the early 80's) that us back then, Malibu's were the cheap boat. You know SC could just charge an extra 20K for the boat without doing anything else to it and we could then drive around with our noses stuck in the air. The real reason for these boats is listed under Skiing and under General Chat under Cute. These pictures show something that is priceless!!!

smokedog2
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Yea, well crash another dealer’s party and I think you should expect a little smack.

That said, tow boats are everywhere these days and I don't like it. More of them on the drive to VA that I/O's, what's up with that?!

My hard drive crashed this trip and ate 5 hours of writing, I'm lucky I could remember my SC password.

Vista is not too hateful. I do however hate it.

I missed a lake weekend, A buddy got his sisters dog wacked by a skunk at the lake- lmao at that. Eight years and three dogs - no trouble here. Moth balls apparently scare skunks away. It is generally best however if you can get someone to hold their little wings while you collect them - oh, he was laughed at for hours by phone.

George, if you check in - it was Bob.

SD2

04OUTBACK
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I dont see this much around here...at least not really negative haters... not necessarily the most friendly..
I ride with some friends...one has an 07 X-30 and the other an 08 X STAR.. and both enjoy riding on mine as well...they are not at all snobs about their boats... very nice and well taken care of...but not snobs..

There is no reason for this type of attitude...

Sled491
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, it takes all types. I wonder how his on lake performance was behind his expensive boat. This kind of person tends to be all show and no go. I have not been bashed like that, infact I have guys stopping me asking for a pull to see if the hype is worth it. I have other friends who are always bragging about my boat for me, and folks, I have a plain old Outback, not even a tower (were just skiers after all). Two weeks ago after a day on the lake, our friends with a 2008 Supra 22SSV and us went for dinner. Will looks back at the 2 rigs and says, "man what a couple of great rigs we have". Heck I'll take that compliment any day!

MasterMind3002
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
The next time a Malibu owner disses you Zeg, tell them this story.

I'm a show director and boat driver for our local ski team. I use my Outback to pull the show. We had a new guy join us last week...........he owns a big Malibu. We auditioned him in practice behind my Outback. This guy rocks on a wakeboard........I mean he is totally amazing! I filled the ballast and set the wakeplate and took him for a couple passes. Afterwards he was quizzing me about my boat...........how much ballast, how many hp, what kind of wakeplate. He told me that the wake from my Outback was a bit smaller but has a harder edge and curl and gave him more lift than the wake from his bigger, much more expensive Malibu.

During one of our shows one of our other tow boats (2008 Nautique 206) was pulling a 9 person pyramid team. Two skiers had to drop before he could get them up. I pulled that same team that morning in practice and had no problems at all pulling them out. I had 4 members of the team tell me later that my boat should be pulling the pyramids because it has noticably more power. The only way the Nautique can get them up it to "hot rope" (leave slack in the line) them.

I just hit 50 hours for the summer ........barefooting, jumping, skiing........you name it. Not a single issue! Don't let these Aholes that paid too much make you think your driving an inferior boat...........it just ain't true!!

davidl
07-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I knew I could count on you all !! Thanks for the vent (really) Most out here are great people and we do get alot of attention with our LSV. It was just the venue that caught me wrong.........Stay KOOL all
David

zegm
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Mastermind,

It was David that had the issue not me. I still stick my nose up to Malibus, remember to me they were the cheap boats! :lol:

We love our Moomba! We love our monthly payment!! We love the smiles on the kids faces!!!! We be happy!

Mrs. Kane
07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Like my mother use to say, those people have more cents than sense (while tapping her finger on her temple). Enjoy the Moomba. Feel inferior to nothing!

dtlaine
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I went to the MC forum last week just to see what was going on (they have an excellent bikini photo thread). I decided to do a search for "moomba" just to see what would come up. I couldn't believe the haters. There was a thread where someone was trying to decide between a M and a MC. After a few posts, someone thought M was for Moomba (not Malibu), and I could almost hear people puking on their keyboards for the very thought of deciding between a Mastercraft and a Moomba. I tested an X1, and I almost bought it, but I'm glad I didn't. I mean, let's be honest, the brand name and all the little extras are cool, but they're not worth the extra $$$.

07-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Met a guy with an X2 who was bragging about how his boat had the best wake on the lake and it was way better then my 08 XLV with 2k stock ballast. It was funnny because the lake was so rough that day that you couldn't even board or see a wake through the whitecaps. I guess he bragged all day about how great the MC was and near the end told some of the other guys he's gonna try wakeboarding soon. He has a $70k wake boat and can't wakeboard? Wow. Nothing to do with ego there.

I've encountered all the stypes of people. To be totally honest, I like the malibus and the mc's too. But I wouldn't buy anything else new other then my XLV, pure value. All of the room is just so good. We had 12 on it this past weekend and no one was in the bow. All for the same price as an entry level 20 footer X1 or Vride.

In the end, who ever has the most fun and spends the most time boating wins. So I guess I win.

jmvotto
07-29-2008, 06:43 AM
I have a malibu guy doen the lake , pretty nice and just waves as we pass buy, never had an issue mostly his kids our on it boarding.

I have had many people come up to me and say our moomba OBV 07 is one of the hottest boats on the lake (although there is a pimped out red spiderman Supra 21v about 2 miles down.), ours is nothing fancy, everyone loves it. My friends that have a tige love our moomba. regardless of boats, people are people and you can't change their ego. Something must be missing in there life to put someone else down over the difference in tourney boats, guy must have a small PP, then:p

Dave A
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Guys,

I almost hate to say this, but I was looking down at a guy with his new Mastercraft X-14. My family and I had pulled up to the dock on the ski course to take a break. He pulled up in his Mastercraft, beautiful boat. I introduced myself, and he asked me about the wake on my Supra 21V. I told him it was good sized and soft. I asked him about his wake, and he said he mainly slalom skiid and hadn't even filled the ballast tanks. He pulled away from the dock, and I looked at my wife and told her that that boat is just like our old Mobius LS. HE could have bought a Moomba and put about 20k in his pocket.

Dave

tazz3069
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree with everybody in regards to the ego trip thing. I just came back from a week trip in Northern Calif. It was awesome. I did see lots of Malibu's and MasterCraft boats. No they did not wave back. That's alright. I feel good about my purchas and love my boat. The best thing was, my sons was surfing and a Malibu passed me with all eyes watching. I had a big wave in the back of the boat. When we were pulling the boat out of the water, one of those boat owners came over. We were talking about the wave behind the boat. I opened my right rear compartment. He was floored that I only had a 750lb sac in the boat. He didn't realized that the boat was full if people. He walked away scratching his head. Yes they think they have the best boat on the water. But think of it this way, "You don't always get the bang for your buck." I am proud to have my LSV. I am also proud to show it off.
I have two friends that have a Malibu and a Ski Centurian. They love their boats. They also like and are not embarrased to ride in a Moomba or Supra Boat. You go SC. Keep the affordable and beautiful boats coming.
Tazz

Mikey
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiece with a Malibu owner much less any boat owner for that matter.I was taught to appreciate all boats as they are a special toy to be able to use and or own.,I'm on holidays right now on a small lake in Idaho and seem to be sharing the lake with only about 6/8 boats that seen to be using the lake. There are 2 MC's 2 Malibu's My MOOMBA and acouple others and we all seem to have a somewhat respectfull system for sharing the lake and calm water when it shows up. Everybody is either skiing or tubeing with little wakeboarding which is odd. NO WAKESURFS at all Go figure.I was kinda hopeing to try it out if someone around was doing it as we are not set up for it YET.Anyway just thought id say thanks to all the rest of them although they will probably never read this .

MasterMind3002
07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Sorry Zeg...........I misread the post. But the morale of the story still rings true........ LOL!

wolfeman131
07-29-2008, 10:53 PM
My neighbors have a Malibu - it was the one Atlanta Inboard featured at the boat show last year. When we told them we were buying a Moomba, the wife asked, "What's that?" and he replied that it was a wakeboard boat that was a "step down" from their boat.

Only in price man! Only in price . . .

jester
07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
A friend of mine has a Malibu and well i like my Moomba alot more. When i was driving it i felt like a was driving a fat hog. Just would not turn like mine. with a Moomba you win on both sides. Great boat and a great price. People just dont like it when they pay more so they have to make up for it by being asses to everyone that paid less.

rbc_racing
07-30-2008, 12:12 AM
I've never met anyone that has said anything like that to my face or even around me, but if they ever do, my response will be "I chose to spend the other 30k on my other toys", why have one hobby when you can have a few, and I can assure you I have just as much fun as they do when I'm out on my boat. here are a couple of pics of my other toy, it some how manages to drink more gas than the boat though for some reason...