PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

Petite_Lake
07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
This light is now staying on at all times- my oil pressure and temp guages seem to be fine- someone told me not to worry about it, that sometimes they just go on. it is a pain to get it to the shop and then have them sit on it for two weeks- any thoughts?

04OUTBACK
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
If there is no continuous fault, here is one way to reset it:

Start with a completely cold engine
Crank and warm to operating temp (160+) (either in the water or with fake a lake!)
turn off, let cool completely,
Repeat a total of 3 cycles.
The computer will reset with 3 complete operating cycles with no fault.
Otherwise, you'll need to get it connected to a indmar computer to clear it..

I would try to do the three cycles without running it a long time to make sure it is not any other issue before running for a while.

I looked at a used 07 LSV that had a check engine light issue.. it kept saying the oil sensor was bad.. ended up being a bad ECM..

jmvotto
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
This battery sequence worked for me and it has run smooth every since. read the thread below. try 04Outback sequences as well.

Good luck

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5454&highlight=check+engine+light&page=2

zegm
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
One simple fix to turn off our engine light was to push our dip stick back in after my wife checked the oil level. She did not push the dip stick back in far enough for it to seal. The computer noticed a lack of pressure in the crankcase and the light stayed on. We simply pushed the dip stick in to seat and the light went out.