PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing is expensive!!!!!

irish1111
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I just got into wakesurfing a month ago on a buddies boat in Austin and I loved it. So as any impulsive guy would do I bought an 07' LSV loaded with 65 hrs on it and got busy. Im ordering an FAE system and a teak deck and that should do me. Ive already put 15 hrs on her in 2.5 weeks!!! Wakesurfing rocks and my Mobius is a blast.

moombadaze
07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
its also adictive, boat looks great. is the tower powder coated black--sick

irish1111
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
It is powdercoated black. The guy I bought her from buys a new loaded boat every year after the 4th of July and I showed up with the cash first........ I had buyers remorse pretty bad until we hit the water, lol. It is truly the best way to spend time with family and friends. Since we bought the boat we have spent more free time together as a family than in the past 2 years. I grew up sailing and this is my first "power boat" should have made the switch years ago. Thanks for the reply will post better pics soon. Great boat youself, by the way.
Eric

04OUTBACK
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Great looking boat. Welcome to the Klan.. Just wait, soon you'll be looking to add extra ballast on one side.. wakesurf racks, another board.. BOAT = Bring On Another Thousand!
I have been scheming today on how to move the empty side ballast to the surf side.. gonna make some hose extensions tonight to use the 750 I have on the other side on the surfside!
Jealous of your on water storage!

irish1111
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Man I feel like I'm part of a tribe all the sudden. Thanks for the post. I have a fat sack in addition to the three ballast bags standard. Im still working on that "perfect wake". Im tyring to figure out how to adjust everything to get a longer, less frothy wake.

dtlaine
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
its also adictive, boat looks great. is the tower powder coated black--sick

I agree. The tower looks awesome.

Hydrofoiljunky
07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
If you think Wakesurfing is expensive don't get into hydrofoiling. You'll be sucked in like the rest of the foilers out there(Yeah you know who you are) I think I've got more money into my Hydrofoil then my Car LOL. To keep in on subject, I was down at our local boardshop looking at what they had left for wakesurf boards. They had a Ronix stage board. Looked like a nice board to learn on. Wide footprint and fairly long board. I've never wakesurfed b4, has anyone ridden this board? How is it? If I get good enough can I spin this one? Or do you have to get like a Hyperlite custom or sumpin in order to spin it. thanks ya'll

Chad

irish1111
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Ive got 2 Hyperlite boards, one that is,6'1" and a Broadcast. I like the longboard better, it seems to stay in the wave alot easier, ie: no pumping. The broadcast is a little sketchy for me, it feels like a skim board. Besides the longboard is painted like it belongs on the cover of a J. Denver album....lol.

04OUTBACK
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
I have been looking at the stage.. looks stable.. I doubt you can do much for spins on it though..
Does look like a good starter board.. I like the fat/rounded nose for stability.. I get a bit nose heavy sometimes on my LF Venture..

BTW, Evogear.com has blem Stages for $269....shipped

pickle311
07-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I love the all white, that's what I really wanted. That looks like the docks by Carlos n Charlies. You should come surfing with us one day.

deafgoose
07-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Wakesurfing can be expensive but it's WAY more expensive here in Canada.

For example my 2008 Outback V was $50K and my pahse5 drew daniello pro wakesurf board was $800.

Prices here are totally insane.

04OUTBACK
07-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Goose,
You guys get the raw end of the deal.. For the longest time, the currency was weak so everything was 20-30% higher than US.. Now Can$ is stronger than US and you STILL pay the price!

I work for a Mfg of Hunting prods and shipping to Canada can be a booger..
As long as you don't live in Quebec.. HA.. ( we struggle with the bi-lingual pkg!!)

irish1111
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I wanted black and I went to a dealer in Dallas who gave me a price of $54000. I found mine for alot less and I am so glad its white. Easy to keep clean with kids...lol. I am in Weatherford on a job but hope to get back to Austin after the new year. Good spots up here though. I have heard of a place south of Weatherford on the Brazos that everyone says is one of the best spots to surf and wakeboard.

irish1111
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
OUCH!!!! I stand corrected. You do have it worse.

deerfield
07-25-2008, 10:55 PM
irish - Very nice boat. Bit different than sailing. We have an Outback on a small lake in southern Wisconsin. I came from the Nautique world and wanted a pure ski boat. Also pull wakeboarders and tubers behind our Outback. Heck, I'll pull just about anything as long as someone's having fun. Hoping to wakesurf this summer. Welcome to the Moomba family -- and power boating! - Deerfield

Mrs. Kane
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Irish,
Welcome to the Tribe. Very nice boat. Life is expensive and you might as well have some fun along the way. We plan on are spending our children's inheritance.
It goes way deaper than an addiction. Hard to explain it.
Is there a Mrs. Irish? Have her sign up. Never thought I'd be boating, camping and talking with people on line. Kaneboats still has a hope that I will wakeboard, surf or something, but I really have no desire. I am just along for the ride, to drive and watch my kids. Nothing like the grin of a 10 year old who jumps the wake, gets air and sticks the landing. And the screams of the siblings watching her are pretty cool as well.
Also, you should try to come to the get togethers. They are fun and you'll meet a lot of nice people. There is always something to learn from someone.
Again, welcome.

Mrs. Kane

pickle311
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been trying to make a trip out to the Brazos, it's supposed to be killer. We have some really good spots here in Austin too. During the week, we will ride Lake Austin. If I go out on a weekend we go down to the Perd.

Sled491
07-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Irish, great looking boat! Wakesufing is the bomb! I have always been a hardcore skier. My wife skiis, my 8 yr old has been on slalom for 2 summers now and I'll start working on my 6 yr old next yr. But for fathers day I got a wakesurf board. I have a friend with a big SUpra and 1900lbs ballast. I don't put any hours on my 07 anymore because I'm always surfing behind his now....well almost:)

K_E_N
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
They had a Ronix stage board. Looked like a nice board to learn on. Wide footprint and fairly long board. I've never wakesurfed b4, has anyone ridden this board? How is it? If I get good enough can I spin this one? Or do you have to get like a Hyperlite custom or sumpin in order to spin it. thanks ya'll

I got a Ronix Stage from WaterskiBoats Dallas earlier this summer. The Stage is a great beginners board. I had never really surfed before, tried a couple of times, but no success until riding the Stage. I would not recomend the stage for anyone anticipating spins. I expect that I will be getting a shorter, faster board next summer for my daughter and I. We are coming close to mastering what we can within the limits of the Stage. I would, however, recomend the Stage as a first surf board for anyone. Very, very easy to ride, even with my 230lbs on it. Riding my Stage is a great way to kinda wind down after a day of wakeboarding.

04OUTBACK
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
K E N
Thanks for info on the stage.. I was looking at them the other day and could find NO info on them..
I finally got a good free ride this weekend on my LF Venture. We sacked out the boat good and put 2 gals upfront and got a great wave @ 9.8 mph..
Got a longer wave with the wakeplate all the way down.. interesting..
Up was bigger but not as long.. I liked it much better... just not quite as much curl...

BW

jeffandkaren
08-01-2008, 11:28 PM
you down by mozarts cofee shop ????

TL7
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
This is the place you want to go to: http://www.indianlodge.com/

We just went there last weekend and had a blast. Very nice.

jetpilot
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
That tower is sikkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
________
sell vaporizers (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)