spyder
07-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow, that must have a ton of ballast loaded up

yager97
07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
and some heavy fellas. needs more up front though

yager97
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
not northern ontario, it is central ontario, about 2 hours north of toronto however, in georgian bay, around the 30,000 islands area in honey harbour. beauty area, it gets pretty blown out there though tough to find good water sometimes.

yager97
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
ya its big water and can get pretty hairy quickly. This one area I have to cross to get to the smaller bays, we call "the gap" is known for throwin 2-3 meter waves, I have taken that little moomba through some pretty bad waters. Went through the gap during a storm, all we could see was walls of water coming at us, at least two meters above the boat when we were at the bottom of the swells rolling through them. it handled the water alright, but would have definately rather bein in a bigger boat. you learn how to handle chop and waves quickly out here. where were you originally from?

yager97
08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
a few more pics taken from shore....

yager97
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Sled,
I have never bein to thunder bay, however have a few friends that went up there to lakehead university. They have said it was a beautiful area. There was some wake event up there this year, but I couldnt make it due to it being a 14 hour drive!!!! I didnt realize there was much of a scene way up north there. How did you like your winters up there? I'm guessing your into sledding, so that would be a near perfect area for that. Although we got pelted with snow this winter in southern ontario, the trails were great and the ice was thick and the safest it has bein in years