PDA

View Full Version : Roswell tower speakers

deafgoose
07-24-2008, 12:42 AM
When I was at my dealer I was looking at the Roswell speakers mounted on the XLV GG tower.

I asked them how much it would cost and they said $3400!!! :eek:

Where could I find this same setup cheaper?

http://www.wakesurf.ca/pictures/roswell1.jpg

http://www.wakesurf.ca/pictures/roswell2.jpg

jkendall79
07-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Goose, I have looked and looked, and I'm pretty sure the only place you can get Roswell stuff is through dealers, I have yet to find any place on-line. In my opinion, for that kind of money you could a lot more by getting a setup from another company, such as Wetsounds or Skylon. You could also check ebay, there's a lot of cool tower speaker setups there for much less money.

bobwells
07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
i had bought a used roswell light/speaker bar last fall, and was checking prices so as to know what kind of deal I was getting, as best as I can remember I found them for around a grand. 1K. I'll do some looking and see if I can locate them again. I got mine for $500 (less than a yr old) and am very pleased with it. has kenwood speaks.

deafgoose
07-24-2008, 10:07 AM
i had bought a used roswell light/speaker bar last fall, and was checking prices so as to know what kind of deal I was getting, as best as I can remember I found them for around a grand. 1K. I'll do some looking and see if I can locate them again. I got mine for $500 (less than a yr old) and am very pleased with it. has kenwood speaks.

Holly crap that's cheap!

Thanks so much.

ian ashton
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I saw this on my local Craigslist the other day;
http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/741368546.html

deafgoose
07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I saw this on my local Craigslist the other day;
http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/741368546.html

$2K is not bad but $1K is better. :D

04OUTBACK
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I would suggest you pick your on speakers and light bar.. you'll get a way better setup for less $$..
You could get 4 Wetsound Pro 80's for just under $2k and get some lights cheaper..
You probably would be better off on the OBV with Pro 60s for size and be even cheaper.

That is WAY too much for that setup.. The speakers in that are about $100 a pair and light bars are around $500 on avg..

I have a similar setup that came on my '06.. It looks nice, but That is a lot of framework.. I am not sure I would rather have 4 separate speakers than that big bar on mine.. ( I have the 4 speaker set up but with no lights..)

byronkoz
07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I had the Roswell Vamp Spin Pros recently, blingy but didnt sound so great. There customer service is excellent but there product imo isnt so great and is WAAAAAYYYY over priced. The speakers were basically falling apart but they were nice enought to send me a brand new set free of charge. Since they were brand new I went ahead and got rid of them so I could get something else. Also getting any info or pricing on there products is next to impossible without contacting a dealer, seems like its top secrect info or something??

deafgoose
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I have not been able to find tower speakers I like other than roswell and tsunami.

I have expensive taste I guess. :(

jkendall79
07-24-2008, 03:01 PM
The other problem with the Roswell setup is they use Kenwood speakers......Not exactly top of the line if you ask me, especially for 3400.

deafgoose
07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
The other problem with the Roswell setup is they use Kenwood speakers......Not exactly top of the line if you ask me, especially for 3400.

Not true.

The pics I posted above are kicker speakers. Same speakers that I have in my boat.

jmvotto
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
DG,

www.ewake.com.au has pricing on roswell stuff, Try www.liquidaudio.com or www.audioformz.com quality stuff at a reasonable price.

I believe someone has a thread where they custom made a "batman esq" tspeaker tower enclosure that looked pretty cool.

Sorry to see the rock incident on the new OBV,

Sled491
07-24-2008, 09:25 PM
My buddy has a new 08 Supra 22 SSV with that same Roswell set up. Sounded plenty good this past weekend. But I agree, there are way better products out there for way less money. I mean the 1st upgrade I did to my boat was pull the Kenwood speakers for some Polks. DG you better look around some, for 3400 you can can have a serious lake shaker in your boat.

cj11302000
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Deafgoose...have you looked at Samson Sports tower speakers? I have a set of 720's that use Focal speakers and they are awesome. They also make double 720's that give you four speakers. They install on a mount that allows you to swivel the speakers 360 degrees and you can remove them to prevent theft or store out of the weather. If you do a Google search you can find their website. Lots of dealers sell those or you can get direct from them...they make cool towers too.

tlatoani
07-25-2008, 12:15 AM
For that kind of money look at pro audio speakers. Wetsounds, NVS, and a few others. They are LOUD and clear. Make sure you budget for an appropriate amp. I know from experience that wetsounds and Duane from NVS are very helpful. Search on wakeworld in the boats section of the forums for a ton of info.

jkendall79
07-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Goose, I found this one on ebay for about $1000. Go to ebay store Wakeboard Boat Sound Solutions if you like it. It's on page 2 of there store page.

yearround
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
anyone have opinions on the liquid audio stuff? i want to stick with 6" speakers so my head and the Z5 fit under.

jmvotto
07-25-2008, 04:20 PM
DG,
Check out that store Jkendall79 recomends Hug discounts off the website prices if you get the bid.

I would like to know feedback from other lquid audio owners on the enclosures as well. speakers are what you get, polk , kicker sony alpine, kenwood. sound preference.

bobwells
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
man after looking I guess I got a real deal, mine came off of an '06 or '07 24ssv supra, has 4 kenwood speakers & 3 lights...I bought it for $500.00 . at the time I would have sworn I found them new for 1K, anyway I'm happy, if I find a deal I'll post it up, have a super wk.end ! bob

jkendall79
07-25-2008, 06:17 PM
JV, I have a set of the liquid audio doubles (4 speakers) that came with Kicker KS600's. I'm really happy with them, although I did replace the Kicker's with JL Audio TR600's. Nothing wrong with the Kicker's, I'm just partial to JL Audio; they're louder and clearer in my opinion. I also replaced the clamps with Lightning Wake Accessories clamps so they would match the ones on my light bar. But overall the Liquid Audio stuff looks and works great, and you can't beat the price (Got mine for $490 shipped!).

c.rix
07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
DG-the price is why I decided to build the tower box I have. I would be willing to make on for you if you want $275 with clamps. Mine was well under $500 including speakers amp and all wiring. Between ebay,work and home depot but I did the work my self and saved a ton.

If you like the look of cans which I don't care for anymore have you checked www.DIYWake.com ?

deafgoose
07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I am pretty sure I have my heart set on the roswell setup.

I just need to wait for a good deal to come along.

c.rix
07-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I am pretty sure I have my heart set on the roswell setup.

I just need to wait for a good deal to come along.

I see well my friend ebay keep a close eye on ebay or even possibly craigslist you will find something

McMoomba
07-26-2008, 06:04 PM
DG, I am with you I was into the roswell bar and was going to save up and get one after buying OBV but the dealer and I worked out a deal and I got these. Now I am happy with them, plus the roswell would hang lower and my stock bimini is barely under the speakers now, something to check out on the OBV before you buy...

-McM

jmvotto
07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Mcmoomba, What speakers are those? do you have enough head room. We have a new OBV 07, looking at adding tower speakers.. I want the clean looks plus great sound.

;)

McMoomba
07-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Mcmoomba, What speakers are those? do you have enough head room. We have a new OBV 07, looking at adding tower speakers.. I want the clean looks plus great sound.

;)

JV, I think they are the monster tower single barrel with alpine speakers, the sound is very good but I will probably change speakers to Polk eventually (never finished with upgrades) I occasionally bump my head on them I'm 5'10". They are not any lower than the OEM bimini.

-McM

jmvotto
07-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Mcmoomba,
I assume th bimini opens fine with the sepaekers on the rear facing bar of the tower.

McMoomba
07-28-2008, 09:33 AM
JV, it is a tight squeeze.

-McM

.264 magnum
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
DG-the price is why I decided to build the tower box I have. I would be willing to make on for you if you want $275 with clamps. Mine was well under $500 including speakers amp and all wiring. Between ebay,work and home depot but I did the work my self and saved a ton.

If you like the look of cans which I don't care for anymore have you checked www.DIYWake.com ?

Hi c.rix,

1. I just bought a 2008 LSV with no tower speakers at all.
2. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your subs and tower speakers? I'm especially curious to know what material you made the tower enclosures from. I know it's a pain but it would help me for sure.
3. Congrats on the great boat and cool stuff.

Thanks,
Ed

c.rix
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi c.rix,

1. I just bought a 2008 LSV with no tower speakers at all.
2. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your subs and tower speakers? I'm especially curious to know what material you made the tower enclosures from. I know it's a pain but it would help me for sure.
3. Congrats on the great boat and cool stuff.

Thanks,
Ed

They are fiberglass with a mdf skeleton.

I will try to remember to get some pics of the sub enclosures for you.

I also made a set of towers speakers for my buddy's malibu I will post up some pic of that also

byronkoz
07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey c.rix, as ive said before the box looks great for sure. Turns out im really happy with the way my setup sounds but not with the looks of the box really so im pretty sure i'll be hitting you up this winter to build me a box if your into doing any.

c.rix
07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey c.rix, as ive said before the box looks great for sure. Turns out im really happy with the way my setup sounds but not with the looks of the box really so im pretty sure i'll be hitting you up this winter to build me a box if your into doing any.

I would be happy to do it for you especially during the winter since I don't have much else to do.

04OUTBACK
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I would suggest you pick your on speakers and light bar.. you'll get a way better setup for less $$..
You could get 4 Wetsound Pro 80's for just under $2k and get some lights cheaper..
You probably would be better off on the OBV with Pro 60s for size and be even cheaper.

That is WAY too much for that setup.. The speakers in that are about $100 a pair and light bars are around $500 on avg..

I have a similar setup that came on my '06.. It looks nice, but That is a lot of framework.. I am not sure I would rather have 4 separate speakers than that big bar on mine.. ( I have the 4 speaker set up but with no lights..)

Goose,
I attached a pic of mine in the earlier post on page 1... It is the 06 model and is a little different.. I would consider selling mine... but, don't know if you can get different brackets to fit your tower.. Let me know if you are interested.. I can get close ups this weekend.....

deafgoose
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Goose,
I attached a pic of mine in the earlier post on page 1... It is the 06 model and is a little different.. I would consider selling mine... but, don't know if you can get different brackets to fit your tower.. Let me know if you are interested.. I can get close ups this weekend.....

Send me a PM on how much you want for it and I will look into the brackets. :D

jclay5
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM

I've just got all the parts I need from roswell to install the speaker/light bar I bought off someone.. Has any body done this install? It looks to be a lot more dificult than previous speaker installs as I'm not sure how the wiring goes with the harness and what not... They gave me no instructions what so ever and there is no way in hell I am paying my dealer a grand for the install!

Razzman
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
For what it's worth i installed a fiberglass enclosure with four JBL 6X9's in it, more power and sounds better than 6.5" speakers. Also it's actually shorter in height than the roswell setup just doesn't have lights.

jclay5
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
For what it's worth i installed a fiberglass enclosure with four JBL 6X9's in it, more power and sounds better than 6.5" speakers. Also it's actually shorter in height than the roswell setup just doesn't have lights.

Well I wanted wet sounds but I paid 400 dollars for this black roswell light/speaker bar combo 07 model never been used... I'm just having a little trouble trying to figure out best way to wire and what to do with this funky plus that the harness hooks up to down at the base of the tower.

Hillbilly
09-18-2008, 11:24 AM
$3400 for Roswell really? I am picking up my boat from the stereo shop today, They are insatlling a HSE Trident box and volume control. I know paying someone to put stereo stuff in is lame. But I did not want to screw up my wife's new boat LOL. I'll let you know how it sounds later and try and get some pic's. I'm really interested to see how the volume control works out!

jclay5
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
If anyone could take some pics of how a roswell bar looks where the harness goes into the boat and the bike side of the little plug it plugs into would be great. I have this little plug that the main harness plugs into down at the hull and I cant figure out what plugs into the other side... I may be missing a part.

jclay5
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I've talked to roswell I think I've got the wiring all figured out but some PICS would be awesome! anybody?!

Hillbilly
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
JClay are you missing the other end of a connecter maybe?

jclay5
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
JClay are you missing the other end of a connecter maybe?

Well I thought I was but I talked to roswell and they said that I just use normal slip on connectors from radio shack or somewhere and he gave me the wiring diagram for each connector that goes to each color wire.. So I guess i'll takle this install in the next few days.. I sure do have to drill a giant whole in the tower because the harness is so thick, but I guess thats ok.