PDA

View Full Version : Boat Peeing Alot/Speedos Reading Sporatic

KarMobLSV06
07-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I've notice my bilge pump is running alot and my speedo (I have perfect pass so just one normal speedo) is jumping all over the place, from 15 mph - off the chart readings.

I saw where it may be a loose hose by the gas tank? Anyone have the easy fix or the thread with the easy fix? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

aerophoto
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Your speedometer is connected through the bottom of the boat by a part that sits in the water it reads the water as it passes over it and registers your speed if it is not tightened down or set in the socket it will let water pass into your boat just as if the plug was left out thus your bilge will run emptying out the water of course if it is not in right you will get erratic readings Mine is right next to the plug check it first.

If it were gas the sheen in the water and smell as the bilge sent the gas out would let you know that.

slacker
07-24-2008, 06:49 AM
KarMob, don't know if you have a paddlewheel for a speedo or a "pickup" at the back of the boat... we have a paddlewheel and a "fake" paddlewheel that is supposed to be screwed in when travelling on the road.

dumb question: is the paddlewheel w/ the wire attached whats screwed in?
reason i ask: we forgot to take the "fake" paddlewheel out one weekend and the boat was taking on a fair bit of water and the auto-bilge was on a lot. didn't notice the speedos going out of control though. Just a thought.