PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Owners Reunion Saturday, July 26th

ncarrera
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Chicago Moomba and Supra Owners Reunion Saturday, July 26th

Chicago Supra and Moomba owners pack up your gear and head out to the 2nd Annual Chicago Owners Reunion this Saturday, July 26th courtesy of Ultimate Wake Watersports at Chicago Sea Ray and Skiers Choice, Inc. This is our way of thanking you for your steadfast loyalty and passion for our boats. So come on out, you deserve it!

Registration is from 7:30am until 8:45am at American Legion in Fox Lake. The crew at Ultimate Wake Watersports has been pulling this event together since the overwhelming success of the 1st Annual event last year. They have added several new features offering a group cruise, a wakeboard demo by Kyle Schmidt and the belly flop contest. Famous Dave’s will be on site again this year serving lunch from 11am until 2pm.

Supra and Moomba owners do not miss this unforgettable boating experience. Come hang out with people who share the same passion for watersports as well as Supra and Moomba boats! Enjoy the camaraderie, win lots of prizes, show off your boat and hang out with factory representatives from Skiers Choice, Sound X, Hyperlite, O/Neill, Roswell and Ronix.

For more details or to RSVP please contact [email protected], call 815-385-2720 or go to http://illinois.skipperbuds.com/content06.asp?nav=84916&.

2nd Annual Chicago Supra and Moomba Owners Reunion
Saturday, July 26th

7:30am-8:45am Registration at American Legion in Fox Lake
8:50am Group Cruise
9:15am Kyle Schmidt Wakeboard Demo
10:0am-11:00am Free Time to Explore the Beautiful Chain ‘O Lakes
11:00am-2:00pm Lunch will be served from Famous Daves
12:30pm Belly flop Competition
1:00pm Raffle
2:30pm Sandbar Tie up at Petite Lake

Chad M
07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Not sure if anyone will be around Friday July 25, but I plan to be out on the Chain getting some sets in before the weekend crowd - most likely Pistakee Bay and Meyers Bay on Pistakee.

AaronWhitt82
07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Just some info for those of you going. I just heard on the news that Girls Gone Wild will be there at Blarney's Bar. They were warning that there will be alot of extra water patrol over the weekend. They also said that they expect a thousand boats to tie off at some big sandbar for an all day/night party.
So I'm sure there is going to be alot of traffic out there.
BE CAREFUL and watch out for the drunken idiots!!!!!

deerfield
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Per jamboree host Ultimate Wake Watersports, we have the entire parking lot at the American Legion hall and use of the hall's restrooms. This means ample parking, even if you arrive late, and NO PORT-O-POTTIES. Nice. For those who are first timers, this is a catered event with great bar-b-que. Pier space is limited, so you'll have to use the sea wall and raft up if you arrive late. Bring your bumpers. Be sure to say thanks to the guys and gals from Ultimate Wake and Skiers Choice. They make this possible. With all due respect to the Atlanta and Florida people, I'm taking pictures so the rest of the BB can see the best Moomba/Supra jamboree. We're bringing a party of seven, ages 14 - 54. See ya Saturday morning! - Deerfield

Suprahunter
07-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I talked to Chris on wed 36 boats signed up so far. More than twice
as many as last year. Its going to be great see you there.

kaneboats
07-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh, the challenge is on. We'll have to grab some photos at the Tampa Jamboree to show you. You haven't seen anything till you've seen EdG surfing at sunset wearing nothing but Saran wrap!!!!!

Waynes345
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Sounds like there will be a lot of action on the chain this weekend. See the link attached:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/girls.gone.wild.2.779649.html

deerfield
07-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Ed - I suspect they are still on the water, rafted at the sandbar. We left at 4:00 for an evening commitment. Am leaving town tomorrow morning. Will be back on Thursday. Got pictures and will post next weekend. Great event today! - Deerfield

deerfield
07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Okay. One picture for this evening. The rest next weekend.

deerfield
07-26-2008, 11:29 PM
I lied. Four more. The rest next weekend.

zegm
07-27-2008, 08:56 AM
deerfield,

I hope you guys had a blast!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.
All Jamborees are the best!!!!
I think that gas prices may prevent any records from being broken this year!

Where is Sled?

zegm
07-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Deerfield,

The balerina picture is awesome! I guess she just let a horseshoe fly??
After much discussion, research, mourning, etc., MrsZ and I bit the bullet and bought a new Nikon D60. I might be able to use one of my old Manual lenses but that is it. Seems a waste that all we invested in before is now useless. The guy at the camera shop (the only shop where someone knew his stuff) said film still makes great pictures and to hang on to the old N6006 we have. The D60 is awesome, we got a 18-55 lense with the body and bought a 70-300 with it (cost more than the camera and other lense). It was a Best Buy kit that also came with a nice bag, extra battery and charger. Using a Nikon brochure it is still difficult to tell the differences between the D80, D60 and D40x, we were going to get a D40x but found out that the D60 lenses have VR, vibration reduction and thought that would be great for taking pictures from a boat.
Hopefully we will have some nice pictures to post when we get back from skiing today!

Rugburn
07-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Just a quick post to say how awesome the event was, start to finish. I took quite a few photos of our "parade" and the rows of boats viewing Kyle's session. I'll post photos and comments Monday. Back to the lake! (Madison lakes, that is.)

kaneboats
07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear it was a good time. Looking forward to the photos from the Z fam in Tampa.

Sled491
07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Rugburn, I didn't even realize your were there. What boat were you? We were hanging out with Deerfield, Chad, and my Supra buddy Will. Had just a great time surfing beofre lunch.

I think the tally was somewhere around early to mid twenties. I sure didn't see over thirty. But it was still more than last year and the weather was 100% nicer in the morning than last year.

moombadaze
07-28-2008, 07:47 AM
pictures, we need pictures--who's got pictures---post your pictures

deerfield
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
moombadaze - I'll post the rest of my pics from the Chicago jamboree this coming weekend. Very nice event. I missed the sand bar tie up. Hopefully Sled can give us a report. My thanks to Will for taking my crew on his boat for an up close look at wake surfing and Sled for coaching. Two gave it a try. One actually got up. - Deerfield

Rugburn
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Here some pics of the "parade"...

I was the guy in the cowboy hat in the black Mobius LSV...giddyup~!

Rugburn
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Here are a few of Kyle Schmidt and a few of the Sandbar...

UltimateWake
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Everyone,
This is Chris from Ultimate Wake. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out for the day! Hope everyone had a blast, I know I did! Out total boat count came out to 27 boats for the day. We had a few people who only came to the sandbar or lunch. Also had almost 7 no-shows! ick. Anyway, there are already talks of an end of season raft-up at the sandbar. Stay Tuned!

Chris

Sled491
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Chirs welcome to the boards. Keep us posted on the tie up, always a blast. Although everyone tied up then disappeared to check out the Girls Gone Wild action. Left us family guys to defend the fort!

UltimateWake
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
HAHA, yea a big group of us went to see the band. Although when we got back everyone who was there was still going strong! For the second year now everyone keeps telling me that the sandbar is their favorite part of the day, so we will try to keep doing it! Also, I am looking for opinions on the family friendlyness of the sandbar. It seemed to me that where we tied up was far enough away from the actual party that it was fine for kids. Any thoughts? And of course any ideas or suggestions for next year are always welcome. PM me!

Chris

Sled491
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Chris, will send a PM later, for now I want all to know that we were in a very family friendly area. Those of us that have young kids, have had no complaints last year or this with the Sand Bar. In fact for my younger 2 this is there favorite part.

Rugburn
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
How did you get your pics to post so big? When I uploaded mine it said I had to keep mine to some rediculously small size. I made them that size ( I dont remember what that was) and your pics are twice the size.

Sled491
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I use image shack and just cope the URL into the message body

UltimateWake
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Guys,
Could you forward whatever pics you have over to Natalie at skiers choice? That would be awesome! her email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Chris

deerfield
07-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Some more pics from Chicago jamboree. Chris, I don't know how to email pictures. Seriously. If someone tells me how, I will.

deerfield
07-30-2008, 11:50 PM
And more pics...

deerfield
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
more pics...of some amazing gifts made possible by Ultimate Wake Watersports! Kyle Schmidt made this extra special.

Sled491
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Deerfield

Awsum pics, where are the pics of you boys trying surfing?

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Sled - The pics from wakesurfing will be posted. Not sure when. I arrived home late yesterday from four days in Atlanta. May need to leave tomorrow for West Virginia and D.C. Not sure when I'll be back. Really enjoyed seeing you, Mrs. Sled, and your kids! - Deerfield

Sled491
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks Deerfield, I thought we had a real good group. The all WI show, just joking Chad was with us for a bit and he and his family were great as well. His 8 yr old and mine hit it right off. It was too bad that we had to head back for lunch, I'm sure no one would have complained about another 4 or 5 hours of learning to surf.

Also, I use imageshack.us for photo sharing. Give me a call or a PM when you get back and I'll try to help. Not that I'm and expert, but I think I can help.

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Rest of my pics from the Chicago jamboree.

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Stick with me here...

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Almost done...

Sled491
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Deerfield, all I can say is your hired! Great pics, lovem', and thanks for getting some of the Sled family in there I really appriciate that, the kids love to see them. And check out that smile on your kid even though he's goin down hard, man he was having fun!

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
And we're done.

Big THANK YOU to Skiers Choice and Chris (guy in the green t shirt) from Ultimate Wake Watersports. Lot's of work goes into a jamboree: permits, insurance, catering, gifts, games, pro demo, sound system, demo boats, etc. Nicely done and everyone had a great time!

Okay, Tampa. You're up!

deerfield
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh, Sled, look what I found. I think they have your DNA.

Sled491
08-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Yep that's 2/3 of them, the other was pretending he was a kid egg hatching in one of your other photos, kids who knew?