PDA

View Full Version : My fuel pump is rusted and leaking fuel!!! HELP!

etang789
07-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV with the standard v-drive 315hp engine, last week I found out my fuel pump has rusted through and slowly leaking gas while the engine is running luckily no damaged as occurred to the boat!

So now I need a new fuel pump, BUT no one has this part in stock over here in Hong Kong! Are there other marine grade parts that can be used to replaces this? Or if not where can i purchase this specific part online and Fedex this over! and whats the part number?

Here are some pictures of the rusted fuel pump!

etang789
07-22-2008, 09:45 AM
bump for help!

brownski
07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I just got one online through SummitRacing.com, the PN was P4389 and it was half the price of anywhere else. incase it is not the same one just keyword Carter fuel pumps and all will come up.

Good luck

etang789
07-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I just got one online through SummitRacing.com, the PN was P4389 and it was half the price of anywhere else. incase it is not the same one just keyword Carter fuel pumps and all will come up.

Good luck

I took the rusty fuel pump out! And the sticker on it says Carter P/N 152-875, which is different from what brownski said?

Did they change the coding or will the Carter GP4389 work just fine?

kaneboats
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I sent an e-mail to our friends at Ski Dim to check this out for you. I asked them to include a quote and see if they could ship it too. I'll let you know what I find out.

etang789
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I sent an e-mail to our friends at Ski Dim to check this out for you. I asked them to include a quote and see if they could ship it too. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks keep me updated!

brownski
07-23-2008, 05:12 PM
When I took mine into the parts store they referenced it and it came up with the P4389. Also if you look on their web site all the specs are exactly like the one we have in their now. and it is designed for 12 volt marine use. Mine had the same PN as yours when I took it out.

etang789
07-23-2008, 10:51 PM
When I took mine into the parts store they referenced it and it came up with the P4389. Also if you look on their web site all the specs are exactly like the one we have in their now. and it is designed for 12 volt marine use. Mine had the same PN as yours when I took it out.

OK thanks a lot man!

So Carter P/N 152-875 = Carter P4389

Thanks for clearing this up gonna order one right now!

kaneboats
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Got a short response from skidim. They indicated that if the engine is carbuerated then the pump is their item # 0409. I went to their site and searched on that #. Here's the link to the page:

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080018

Not sure if this helps. Good luck!

brownski
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Be careful on this one because it looks just like the one I got from the parts store and found out that the threads and fitting size for the inlets an outlets were different. They need to be 3/8.

etang789
07-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Be careful on this one because it looks just like the one I got from the parts store and found out that the threads and fitting size for the inlets an outlets were different. They need to be 3/8.

are you sure about the 3/8 size? crap i just ordered the P4389 with the 1/4 size....

brownski
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
etang
I misspoke and was thinking of the hose not the threads. You ordered the correct one I just installed mine yesterday and it worked great. You will need to prime the line and probably the carb to create enough vacuum to draw the fuel through the line and both filters the first time. These are pretty low pressure pumps. Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out.
brownski

etang789
07-26-2008, 05:19 AM
etang
I misspoke and was thinking of the hose not the threads. You ordered the correct one I just installed mine yesterday and it worked great. You will need to prime the line and probably the carb to create enough vacuum to draw the fuel through the line and both filters the first time. These are pretty low pressure pumps. Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out.
brownski

Oh thanks for clearing that up, i was gonna wait for the pump to arrive and experiment with the hose fitting. Now I know for sure I have the correct one!

etang789
04-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Yep the fuel pump that I ordered is the correct one its been working perfectly for the past 6 months!

Thanks everyone for the info!