PDA

View Full Version : Tower Clunk

skibohdi
10-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Has anyone experienced a "clunk" in the tower while towing.

I recently had a rad-a-cage tower put on my 2002 outback. We started noticing a clunking noise coming from the tower while towing. It only happpens when the rider pulls out to the drivers side. With a little more investigation, I can actually see the tower "glide" back and forth on the mounting bracket.

Is this a normal occurence? I questioned my dealer, but he would not give me a defenite response without looking at the boat. I am taking it to my dealer tomorrow and am looking for a little backup info incase I run into some "dealer schmooze".

Thanks for your help.

Doc

Yellowmobius
10-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Greetings from another ND boarder. I have a 2001 Mobius.
The tower was factory installed. I have not noticed any noise. If you can see the tower glide back and forth I would think you see your problem. I have delt with Jason Cardinal at Mclaughlins and he has been excellent to work with. I assume that is where you bought your boat.

skibohdi
10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeh Bruce, nice to hear from ya again.

I purchased the boat from Nisswa Marine befor McLaughlins picked up the Mooba line. Unfortunately I have not had very good luck with McLaughlins.

I guess I pointed out the problem in my post. Been a long day already!

Just wondering if anybody else has run into this issue.

Later

Doc

noneya
10-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Sometimes when people are letting the line feed through their hands while waiting for the handle, we hear a weird clunk clunk type sound but have never seen the tower move.