PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Kneeboard rack?

MrsZ
07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
There is no kneeboard section so I will ask here. Does anyone have a kneeboard rack? If so, which one? I was thinking of the combo kneeboard/wakeboard rack. Like maybe this one:

http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bt-knerck225-pa.htm (http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bt-knerck225-pa.htm)

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for the mirror help earlier. We have a cool tower mounted mirror now. Although the setting is still not quite right for me.

moombadaze
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
try diy wake for a kneeboard/surfbaord rack--i know it will fit 1 kneeboard or 2 surfboards---oh and if your lucky you could win that exact rack at the tampa jamboree--i used it up at the atlanta jamboree and had 2 surfboards and it work great.

MOOMBA_97
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I've got a kneeboard rack, but our particular kneeboard won't fit in it. The board is the Obrien 2001 I think? (a thicker one). One of the thinner boards should be fine though.

Monty

MrsZ
07-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Moombadaze, do you put two boards in the same slot on the rack? I dont see one there that has two slots for a kneeboard.

Moomba 97, We have one thin one and the other kneeboard is really fat. It is one of those big plastic ones. I was wondering about if it would fit in anything!

jmvotto
07-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Mrs. Z ,

We ordered one from lip boating on ebay or you can go direct www.lipboating.com, pictures are better on the ebay store(lipboating). Great quality and as expected. quick release they have racks for both slim (less padded) 3" or less and for thicker ones 3+'" to 5".

Tyger
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Do a search for kneeboard and my ID and you will find my thread on getting a kneeboard rack. As Monty pointed out, it's incredibly important to make sure that it will fit your kneeboard. Call the manufacturer of this rack if you need to, to find out the width of the kneeboard opening.

Dave A
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
z-5 Cargo rack. Will hold 2 kneeboards comfortably and a couple of skiis. I wouldn't have added it as an option, but it was on the boat. Now I wouldn'd buy one without it.

Dave

zegm
07-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Dave A,

MrsZ and I have a 2008 LS with th Z-cargo bimini top but we are running out of room. Our usual load consists of 2 kneeboards (one fat, one skinny), 3 slalom skis (mine, hers and our 11 year old son's), 2 Wakeboards (hers and our sons) and a pair of skis for the 8 year old daughter. This plus 3 ropes and 4 helmets. We don't have wakeboard racks so 1 wakeboard and 2 skis go on the Z-cargo, 2 kneeboards go in the rear storage (with helmets and ropes it is a tight fit), the pairs skis go in the front floor storage so that leaves 1 wakeboard and 1 slalom ski out (both my sons as they are smaller). With a pair of the combo wakeboard/kneeboard racks we could stow everything away. But we have only seen one design like this. The other kneeboard racks (lipboats) I like better but they only hold one kneeboard. So we are seeing what is out there, what others have tried. And WE totally agree with you, the Z-cargo top is AWESOME!!!

Sled491
07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Z, your an engineer, why not do like Aquahiloc did and get a local CNC shop to make you exactely what you want?

zegm
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Sled,

Well we have both a new Daewoo and a Haas machining centers so as soon as they become free I will draw something up in Pro-E and send the machinist an iges file so they can load it into their machines. Just got to keep the production manager busy most likely by talking to him about his racing days on his Seadoo so they can sneak the work in! Now if it works great then I will sell them on ebay and share some of the proceeds with all of them.

Sled491
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Now that's funny, LOL

zegm
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
You know those racks are not complicated at all and it wouldn't take long to draw one up. And it would take less time for those bad boy machines to cut them out. The racks I like the best have the easily removeble feature and that would be the hardest part. Just need some quick release pins. We also just got a new CNC lathe so we can turn those parts too! Now all I have to do is convince our Director that we can make more money doing this then that defense stuff. And to be honest I bet we could! We would easily eliminate all of that Mil-spec crap we go through now and just make the dang things!

Sled491
07-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Z, I have a friend that works in a machine shop, I have sent him some pictures of towers and racks etc, he says he can't make them as cheap as you can buy them. I even tried the "well just make one for me" line, no takers.

jmvotto
07-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Z,

Try contacting lip boating, they just redesigned the kneeboard rack to do up to 5", they may be able to custom weld the 3" to the 5" for a double. Just a thought? or something that provides two boards. (I am no engineer so maybe some gorilla glue and duck tape between two sets of forks may work) contact john at [email protected]. they may have some better ideas

Sled491
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Duck tape and Gorilla glue, that's funny

zegm
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
jmv,

I sent them an email today, one thing their website says they are out of the kneeboard racks? I am trying to talk MrsZ. that we just order 2 kneeboard racks, use the Z-cargo for the wakeboards and one ski and the rest will fit in the storage in the stern once you get those big kneeboards out of there. I don't know why she wants wakeboard racks other to to be like all the other wakeboard boats.

jmvotto
07-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Z,
check the ebay store that seems to be more up to date with inventory, http://stores.ebay.com/lipboating

zegm
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
JMV,

I sent an email to them asking them about a combo rack, I am still waiting for a reply. Are they quick to reply? I really like the way the forks attach to a tube instead of a plate. I know I am probably different but I really don't want a super shiny plate attached to our brushed tower. I'm not so much into the bling bling effect.

jmvotto
07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
They are brushed and it matches the tower nicely, no bling for me either.

They are usually pretty good on stock orders for communication.

zegm
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Do you know their phone number? I didn't see it anywhere?

jmvotto
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Z, here it is . I beleive Ian has been happy with their stuff as well. He gave me the idea.

Lipboating Accessories
10014 Paseo Montril #129, San Diego, CA 92129
United States
+1 760 613 0069

zegm
07-24-2008, 08:42 PM
JMV

I did manage to find that number too on the website and called but I never got anyone. I am going to have to give in and purchase the ones the wife wants soon. She likes the Aerial combo ones.

jmvotto
07-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Gotta go with what you can't get on the boat, maybe theywill add the double to their product list as requested.

Good luck.