PDA

View Full Version : help me choose a cover

Rugburn
07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Im in the market for a new cover for my 2002 Mobius LSV w/tower. The factory cover is ripped and stained and made from canvas so I dont really want to go that route again. I see Overtons offers several material types to choose from so Im open to suggestions from others here with what they had success with. Are there any other vendors / manufacturers that folks here have had good luck with? Id like one that fits around the factory tower, but doesnt necessarily have to cover the platform. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

zegm
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I would call Great Lakes boat tops, they make the covers now and you can probably get that cover made with a different or better material. While my boat was being repaired the service guys had covered it with a Ski Nautique cover and it was just like the Moomba cover except the quality of the material, the thickness etc. was much better. I was totally impressed with that material.

www.greatlakesboattop.com

Sled491
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Rugburn, there are a couple of really good custom guys in WI. I think you will find these custom shops will give you exactely what you want for the same price as these mail order places. The name escapes me right now but I'll get back to you with the guy that did my last one. Very good quality, color matched and you get exactely what you want and the price will surprise you.

slacker
07-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Agree w/ Zegm. Greatlakesboattops makes the factory covers and, based on the website, they have templates going back years! The covers that come on the moombas are awesome (mooring especially).

Sled491
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Rugburn, the place I was thinking of and have used is "Fountian of Youth for Boats" in North Prarie off of Hwy 59