PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf Rack Recommendations

cab13367
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
What is everyone using for wakesurf racks? My CWB Ride and my Hyperlite Broadcast fit fine in the factory wakeboard rack, but my son's Hyperlite Coex and my newly acquired React Egg will not (too thick). I'm looking for recommendations on what has worked for you. I would prefer a rack that holds two boards instead of one and of course, reasonably priced would be nice.

Thanks,

Al

moombadaze
07-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Al, check out diy wake, i used one at the atlanta jamboree- held 2 boards just fine

adsman
07-21-2008, 10:03 AM
What is everyone using for wakesurf racks? My CWB Ride and my Hyperlite Broadcast fit fine in the factory wakeboard rack, but my son's Hyperlite Coex and my newly acquired React Egg will not (too thick). I'm looking for recommendations on what has worked for you. I would prefer a rack that holds two boards instead of one and of course, reasonably priced would be nice.

Thanks,

Al

I have 2 dbot5 surf racks.... each holds two boards. They have worked great for me. I have a landlock and red woody that fit great in there. I can imagine the thinner boards having some extra rattle room, because the rack spacing is generous.

I started with one rack (posted a few bad pics so you can see where I installed my first one) and I just bought a second one that I will mount on the opposite side.

04OUTBACK
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Al
I have the Db0t5 Surf Rack as well. They were one of the few I could find that was a dbl surf rack..
I like where you mounted that Adsman.. Any issues with it up there? I have it under the factory racks now and screwed up and loaded it on the trailer with it on! OOPS..
Dbot5 has great customer service and help me get parts to repair my OOPS!

BW

adsman
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Al
I have the Db0t5 Surf Rack as well. They were one of the few I could find that was a dbl surf rack..
I like where you mounted that Adsman.. Any issues with it up there? I have it under the factory racks now and screwed up and loaded it on the trailer with it on! OOPS..
Dbot5 has great customer service and help me get parts to repair my OOPS!

BW

agreed Dbot5 has had great service....

I havent had any problems with the location that I have the racks mounted at now. I installed the second rack last time out (boat looks like a 24 point buck) ... the only issue that I have had is IF you have the boards sitting to far back on the rack, the ski line will kiss the back of the boards if you cut way out to the side of the boat while wakeboarding... if you move them a tad forward its not a problem.

jmvotto
07-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Mrs. Z ,

We ordered one from lip boating on ebay or you can go direct www.lipboating.com, pictures are better on the ebay store(lipboating). Great quality and as expected. quick release they have racks for both slim (less padded) 3" or less and for thicker ones 3+'" to 5".

sorry this was for kneeboard racks, they do have wakesurf racks as well.

adsman
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I have 2 dbot5 surf racks.... each holds two boards. They have worked great for me. I have a landlock and red woody that fit great in there. I can imagine the thinner boards having some extra rattle room, because the rack spacing is generous.

I started with one rack (posted a few bad pics so you can see where I installed my first one) and I just bought a second one that I will mount on the opposite side.

found another pic that shows the rack placement (from afar) profile view

04OUTBACK
07-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks Adsman,
I am thinking I will move mine to there.. Won't be as easy to ram it on the trailer guide poles! :-)

04OUTBACK
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I moved it today! I think I will like this much better...
I ordered another Dbot5 wakeboard rack this week and I will put it on the opposite side in the same place.
We always have 2 boards each..1 regular and 1 roam...plus guest boards... This should do it..
Although the wife was on a MC X-30 last weekend and really likes the swivels!!!

deafgoose
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I was going to buy a rack for my CWB Razr but then decided it would be cheaper to upgrade to a skim style surfboard that fits into my OEM rack.

gcombe74
07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
ditto on the dbot5 double surf rack... I really like mine.. and its nice to be able to take it off!

I was even more pleased to read I was not the only person to smack my trailer guide post becasue I forgot to take it off the first time.. .

tazz3069
07-27-2008, 09:29 AM
I also am looking to get a surfboard rack. I am going to talk with Nice-Racks on Monday. I am going to see if they can custom make me a rack. I will let everybody know what the outcome is.

meech
03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
looking to purchase a wakesurf rack ... anyone have any recommendations or experience with the krypt wakesurf rack? thanks

http://www.onlyinboards.com/ski-boat-accessories/single-surf-signature.html

yearround
03-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Somewhere on this board are the racks I found at a great price...$80 and they will hold two thick Inland Surfer boards. You do need to add the C-clamps, but the stock XTP clamps fit perfectly.

Here's the link and the price has been reduced even further! You could get the racks and new c-clamps for $90.
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1961&d=1232818369

Ed, so did you attache the rack to the cross bar on the tower? so the stock XTP clamp is the back side of the regular rack.

i guess i should look up the pics of martha and see the way she is dressed.

04OUTBACK
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I got a quick release model from D Bot5.. I really like it.. I have a Wakesurf rack and a wakeboard rack from them.. they both fit on the same quick release.. i have one mounted on each side on the top of tower..

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=747&d=1217118208

yearround
03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
that was cool how you could place the pic in my reply. i did look at your proflie and saw the rack there. thanks.

we still have too many wakeboards and things, i will check if it could fit on the upper cross bar and still fit a wakeboard under. i think cab had two sets of racks and it did not work.

i may have to go the route of brad and go on top. we have a monster ski rack now that we put on when we are skiing.

jmvotto
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Ed, those forks look shiny, are they polished or brushed and do they match the tower. Do they come with bungies or do you have to order them as well.

Yearround, you mentioned cab, Cab where are you, come out and play:D

McMoomba
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I have considered this one, but want it in brushed.....

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-91/Krypt-Signature-Series-Swivel/Detail
http://www.bulletlines.com/catalog/bulletsurfdoublewake.JPG

VA LSV
03-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Would like to add a DIY surf rack in addition to my board racks but don't see the XTP style clamps on their site.

Chad M
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
and they will hold two thick Inland Surfer boards.

Ed, this is exactly what I am looking for. I've got a red and a blue (I think both are 2007 models) - will they fit in one rack?

Chad

meech
03-21-2009, 11:33 AM
just ordered this surf rack ...

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=568

moombadaze
03-21-2009, 04:02 PM
just ordered this surf rack ...

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=568

That rack held both of Ed's boards, green loogie and blue lake at the same time.

Sled491
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Check out the latest "Wakesurfing Magazine", Winter/Spring 2009 edition. Page 23.

www.endlesswavesurfracks.com

New style that goes on top of your tower. Looks very nice, I like them because of the padding and the fact that the boards sit flat so no pressure points.

ICWater
03-24-2009, 10:20 AM
It does not come with the bungee starps, but for a total of $3 you can get straps that work well at home depot

Hey Ed:
How have you got your bungees mounted on the racks? It is easy enough to drill two holes in the new forks the same as the stock rack but how have you fastened the end arround the board to the tower??

BTW The service from DIY is fantastic. I ordered the forks last Tuesday and they were on my doorstep in Montana Friday morning.
Just have to get them on the boat and the ice off the water!

Roachman
03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Sled those racks you posted are sweet. I just cant believe they want 399.

Sled491
03-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I wasn't sure of the price, but compared to what I've seen for some of the fork type racks, might not be a bad buy.

Roachman
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I hear that but it like like they would be pretty easy to fabricate something similiar for a lot cheaper. (Of coarse I dont have the skills for that..haha)

Sled491
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Your probably right, some self sticking paddeed tape some formed aluminum trays and a couple standard speaker clamps or bimini clamps and your set.

Jon J
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
This may sound crazy....but it works great:

I carefully cut the middle finger off one set of my factory racks. I have a TWP F-18 and it fits perfect in there with the factory bungees. Believe it or not, it looks great. The brushed alum is easily filed smooth on the edges and I managed to replace the stock rubber tubing so that it keeps the board in place. Total cost $0.

I will have to look for a good photo of the finished product. The rack bascially looks like Ed G's DIY set up.

Jon J
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Ed - I don't have any IS boards...but from what I have seen of them there is no way two would fit in my set-up. I can just fit my TWP board and the ol' Broadcast for beginners learning on.

Which IS boards do you have? I'd realy like to try that Quad Fin Loogy. I also really like the looks of their 2009 boards. That "Sweet Spot" looks...well...sweet. But at $900 or $1200 Canadian dollars....I'm not so sure. That's a lot of gas money.

KurtL
03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Sled,

I spoke with Michael at Endless Wakesurf today. Seems very confident in the product. I really like the idea of getting the boards up out of the way. The claim is that you can put up to three boards on one rack. He sent me a picture with two boards. Going to get one and try it!

Unfortunately our lake is still frozen over and guys are still fishing with quads/sleds on the ice. Will be mid May before we even think of getting out to give it a run.

Updates to come.

Kurt

Birdman_08_LSV
03-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I wanted to check and see if anybody has had any issues with surf boards being placed on the Z-Cargo racks. I was told that they will ride there but I have not taken a board out yet. I wanted to get some info on the matter before I have to learn the hard way. Thanks.

Sled491
03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Kurt good to know. So your saying that if you had 2 of these racks you could potentially hold 6 boards up there? Wow that would be a record for sure:)

yearround
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I wanted to check and see if anybody has had any issues with surf boards being placed on the Z-Cargo racks. I was told that they will ride there but I have not taken a board out yet. I wanted to get some info on the matter before I have to learn the hard way. Thanks.

i don't remember exactly if we had the surf board up there, but we have had combo skis, kneeboard, slalom ski, wakeboard, kids, (tried to tie mom-inlaw too). all stayed fine xcept mom-inlaw!

KurtL
03-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Sled,
That is what the manufacturer states. Also states that there is no board chatter cruising at higher speeds as the boards are snug to the rack.

Can't wait for the ice to disappear and play with the new "toys".

Sled491
03-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Yearround that's funny,

Kurt, keep us posted!

Birdman_08_LSV
03-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Yearround, thanks for the info. Mother-N-laws never do as they are told! Or so I'm told. I'm never getting married so I will not have to worry about that issue! (LOL) :p Life will be so nice! :rolleyes:

viking
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Kurt,
just wondering on update? Did you ever get the rack for above tower? If, so.....how'd it work and do you have any pics?
I like the idea!

Sled,

I spoke with Michael at Endless Wakesurf today. Seems very confident in the product. I really like the idea of getting the boards up out of the way. The claim is that you can put up to three boards on one rack. He sent me a picture with two boards. Going to get one and try it!

Unfortunately our lake is still frozen over and guys are still fishing with quads/sleds on the ice. Will be mid May before we even think of getting out to give it a run.

Updates to come.

Kurt

PWO
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
These guys did a review of the Endless Wave Wakesurf rack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8H05DDLtmU

Sled491
10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Well sounds as though they like it.

PWO
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I started looking at wakesurf racks recently since I have a Blue Lake just waiting for warmer weather. No decisions yet but during research I saw that the Endless Wake surf rack is generally only offered with clamps from 2 3/16" and larger.

I mailed them and they said they can make custom clamps for 1 5/8" for an additional $50 and have not heard of any issues with these racks on our towers.

Just passing the info along.

KurtL
01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Viking,
Sorry for the late reply, have not spent much time on the boards. Hard to think about boating with 8 inches of ice on the lake. Overall the Endless Wake product is good. My issue is that the longer boards get in the way(while in the rack) for wakeboarders cutting out wide. I just ski and surf so no problems for me. They do offer height extensions that may help clear the rope . I do stand on the side wall to get the boards up in the rack. Not a big deal to me. It is GREAT to get the boards up off the floor. The rack does hold them tight with no chatter whatsoever. We keep a landlock (5'11'') and liquid force custom(4'6") in the rack.

I'll look to see what pictures we have from the summer.
Kurt

viking
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Viking,
Sorry for the late reply, have not spent much time on the boards. Hard to think about boating with 8 inches of ice on the lake. Overall the Endless Wake product is good. My issue is that the longer boards get in the way(while in the rack) for wakeboarders cutting out wide. I just ski and surf so no problems for me. They do offer height extensions that may help clear the rope . I do stand on the side wall to get the boards up in the rack. Not a big deal to me. It is GREAT to get the boards up off the floor. The rack does hold them tight with no chatter whatsoever. We keep a landlock (5'11'') and liquid force custom(4'6") in the rack.

I'll look to see what pictures we have from the summer.
Kurt

No problem - thanks for the update. I just hadn't heard much feeback from the rack but seemed like a good idea! I can see how it might interfere with the rope though if boards sticking out.
Post pics whenever you get a chance.
Come on SUMMER :)

cab13367
06-28-2010, 02:37 AM
I thought I would revive this thread. My new board (Grind Water Shaka) is about 2-1/4" thick with the deck pad so it won't fit in my dbot5 wakesurf rack. Any ideas as to a reasonably priced double wakesurf rack that would accommodate a 2-1/4" thick board? Or a single in case I can't find a double I like? Anybody got one for sale?

Thanks,

Al

Sled491
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
For that thick you almost have to use a knee board rack.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
hey al does this mean your dbot 5 is for sale or gonna hold onto it?

cab13367
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM
hey al does this mean your dbot 5 is for sale or gonna hold onto it?

Going to hold on to it. I have 4 surfboards and depending on the mix of the crew on any given day, I sometimes bring all 4.

Sled491
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
And your not that big a surfer you say :)

cab13367
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
And your not that big a surfer you say :)

LOL! Well, like everyone else, we started out with beginner boards, one for me, one for my son, then we bought more advanced boards, one for me and one for my son. We kept the beginner boards to teach the newbies. And then there are the wakeboards, the tubes, the skis, ... its gotten out of hand. We need a support boat to carry all the gear :)