PDA

View Full Version : custom cover

drewdwn
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm getting a custom cover made for my boat. I have a few questions on which way to go. I can get either get the trailer type with the straps or a snap on cover. I would prefer a snap cover but I am concerned about seeing all those snaps and I need to then decide if a seperate bow cover or one piece, Im afraid if I have a bow cover it will still leak rain water, so I'm leaning towards a one piece. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences please respond.

Thanks
05 Moomba

RPE_LSV
07-18-2008, 06:47 PM
We opted for the snap-on cover and got it to custom match our boat. We LOVE it. We had the stock pull over cover on our last moomba. The snap-on is sooooooo much easier. As for seeing the snaps, to be honest no one has ever mentioned them and I never notice them either.

When we get the boat home we put on the stock pull over cover to cover the snap-on cover. :) Hope that made sense. This way nothing fades and the snap-on cover stays 100% clean. The cover to protect a cover idea always works.

I know the stock pull over cover isn't the same as a full trailering cover (like rankin) but I'll still take the snap-on any day.

04OUTBACK
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Several on here have made the suggestion that you have the snaps installed BELOW the rub rail.. That way, the cover is over more of the boat AND the snaps are not above deck to step on!

zabooda
07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
I have both but the only time I use the snap on is when I go camping as it is easier to put on and looks better. I always carry the front cover for rain or wind.