PDA

View Full Version : Forward Tower Bimini Install on 2006 Mobius LSV

KarMobLSV06
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Has anyone installed the newer forward tower bimini on a 2006 LSV (the '06 has the same tower as current models)?

I broke my original tower bimini and ordered the forward bimini from my dealer. I can't afford the Z5 Cargo Bimini at the moment and use a bimini about 50% of time so I don't think it is for me.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has installed the newer forward tower bimini and how many beers it will take to install it.

slacker
07-22-2008, 06:53 AM
KarMobLSV,

Put the forward bimini on our boat while at the dealer (they were running late on our delivery so we thought we'd help them out a bit :)).

The forward bimini attaches to the tower in 4 places:
1) Domes. They were already screwed into the tower (total of 4: 2 per side) so that was taken care of. If they weren't, probably a 10 minute job to get them in the right spot

2) Zippers around the front vertical bar (the one w/o the light) - no work required here - nice and easy - 30second job

3) "O" brackets around the front arms of the tower to support the arms of the forward bimini - may take 10-15 to position it correctly, but screws on with an allan key and is quite easy to adjust

4) once your bimini is in place, have to put on 2 "clip" mounts for the forward bimini straps. Again, 5-10 minute exercise tops. they just screw into the tower.

Would strongly recommend having two people for the job as the thing is pretty awkward to hold, position in place, and then remember where to screw things but all in all should take you less than an hour to do.

KarMobLSV06
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I did receive the Bimini last weekend and unpacked to check it out. They gave instructions for the placement of the Tower Clamps ("O" Brackets) and the Eye Hooks (Clips) to attach to the tower. They reference so many inches from the various welds on the tower. They did not give the positioning of the snaps to attach to the top tower bar.

By domes are you referring to the snaps that they sent to me screw into the tower? Are the snaps already attached to the tower from the factory?

I guess I'll get those on and zip the top to the tower and see where the best position for the snaps would be on the tower.

I am kind of curious of the general position of the snaps on the tower from the factory. I haven't test fitted so don't know if the snaps are on same tower bar that the zippers attach (the front) or the back and where on the bar they are located from the factory. But I should be able to figure it out by test fitting it.

I hope moving my Tower Speaker/Light Bar Unit to the front bar doesn't interfere with the install of the Forward Bimini because we like them on the front bar-much fewer head aches.

Thanks for your help!

slacker
07-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Morning!

By Domes I meant snaps - thanks for clarifying. As for the location on the front bar, they are on the forward most bar, on the under-side and are located on / around the top bends as the tower comes down towards the front of the boat. Each pair of snaps should be about 3-5 inches from each other based on my recollection.

not sure if it will interfere w/ the tower / light bar... hadn't thought of that...

KarMobLSV06
07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Slacker.

I guess I'll find out next Tuesday or Wednsday when we get back to the lake if I have to move the speakers again or not. It depends on the location of the zipper pouches, I guess. You would think they have slots so the speeker/light bar tower clamps would be in gaps of the zipper material that wraps around the tower bar. We'll see.

Enjoy!

slacker
07-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Not a problem at all! Good luck - hope you enjoy the bimini! They're incredibly easy to take down / put up which is what we really like about it...

Cheers,

Slacker

KarMobLSV06
08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Well the Forward bimini does not fit on a 2006 LSV with the Roswell Speaker/Light Bar on the forward tower bar. The slots in the fabric between the zipper portions that wrap around the tower are not in the correct spot for the clamps of the Speaker/Light Bar. It looks like the Bimini Top is made for just 2 Speakers to be mounted forther apart than the clamps for the 2006 Speaker/Light Bar clamps. E-mailed my dealer to see what he thought.

My wife prefers the speakers on the front bar to save our heads rather than moving them back to be able to use the Forward Bimini the dealer sent. Don't know if they made different biminis for different Tower accessories. Will let you know when I hear back from dealer.

slacker
08-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Ahhhhh thats no good! sorry to hear it doesn't fit right! We took the tower speakers / lightbar off of our LSV as they were a little "loud" for our lake... curious to hear what you find out!

KarMobLSV06
08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Dealer said he'll install the bimini for me when he has boat to add fuel pump for Vapor Lock issue. He said you do have to have the Speaker/Light Bar on the back tower bar to get the Forward Bimini to work. The bar clamps are in the way if on front bar.

slacker
08-07-2008, 04:46 AM
crappy indeeeeed. Guess you're going with it then? It is a nice feature to have, and it rolls up nicely if you're not using it...