PDA

View Full Version : Prineville Reservoir, Oregon

RPE_LSV
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I know there are a few local peeps on here so I'm hoping you can help me out. My fam and I are planning a week long trip to Prineville Reservoir Resort in a few weeks. I'm just curious if anybody has been there and how it is? We have a spot right on the water and plan to leave the boat there for the week.

Thanks in advance!

gerryaws
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you guys coming up to the reunion this weekend?

RPE_LSV
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Sorry Gerry, but nope we can't make it this year. As much as we would love to see the AWS crew there is just too much goin on.

dad has a major golf tourney, kristy and i got wedding stuff, and mom is sick. hopefully next year though!

again thanks for everything you guys have done!

jester
07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
RPE_LSV,

I have not been out that way but am looking to go for a week at the end of the summer. Can you let me know how it is and if it is worth hauling my boat out there.

Also what lake do you spend most of your time at? I keep my boat at Detriot during the summer so if your ever up there let me know. Good to know other people on the lake.

local 11 spark
07-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey RPE, I was there last week...AWESOME water in the morning. 75 degrees, glass. Wind and heat in the afternoon. Hope you have a REAL GOOD shade for the campsite. Shades were going down like dominoes. We stayed in the Prineville resort. Pretty weak spot, not much shade from trees, unfriendly staff. The state campground looked real nice. Have a great time, careful of the wind...

RPE_LSV
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Jester - I spend about 99% of my time at Cottage Grove. Water is between 72-75 degrees and usually has beautiful water in the morning and dusk. However this year hasn't been that good due to wind. But thank goodness for wakesurfing! haha If we ever hit up Detroit I'll hit you up.

local - we are staying at the resort too. we are quite the experienced campers and bring everything AND the kitchen sink. haha But thanks for the heads up on shade. Hopefully the wind isn't too crazy there. Was it ok the keep the boat in the water?

jester
07-18-2008, 07:11 PM
RPE_LSV,

How is the lake size to the amount of boaters? i have never been there and it is not to far from where i live. One other spot you might want to hit up is cougar reservoir. It is about an hour out of Eugene. I went there for a week a few years ago and their was only two boats on the reservoir the whole time. Make sure you check the water level before going out. Like most places in Oregon they like to drain it early.

davidl
07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
RP- We were at the resort a few weeks ago and had a great time, water was good, campground nice. I live about 45 miutes from there. Watch out for the Goat heads on the beach, There like marbles with spikes!!!. We will be on Lake billy chinook Sunday the 20th to thursday24th. We are staying at the Deschutes arm state park. If anyone is out there look us up. Sandstone and Black LSV. Love to hook up!

RPE_LSV
07-18-2008, 09:34 PM
jester - if you head out in the early am or late pm (just like every lake) it will be perfect for you. there are maybe 1-2 boats out in the morning. i guarantee you will definitely enjoy it! although, who knows with the wind picking up early this year. towards the afternoon it can get a little crazy out there, but we just go in the back corner and surf. still great conditions.

davidl - thanks for the heads up. my feet definitely thank you! haha i believe some of the guys from pdxwake.com are heading to billy chinook this weekend too....you should check them out.